Not open for further replies.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Haha captainrads I'll send you some plot stuff. You're valued :thup:

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Ok, so this is how we do it: I start re-doing evry single unit (first from the new ones race: undead) I will post my ideas, if you like them you can use them, id you don't like something in them, I will re-do them for as many times as you want untill you get what you are looking for. After 1 race is redone, I will desighn 2 new units and so on and so on.

Is this way ok with you ?

wc3shady

Reaction score
Haha OK but the thing is I'm pretty happy about most units. We'll see :)

wc3shady

Reaction score
Is King adding more than the original 12 units all races have? I wasn't sure.

Anyways, I've got most of the old units (Obsidian guys removed), with new abilities, and then I have lots of new units with "paths". There are "path" upgrades and abilities. "Paths" are when you get to choose between one thing or the other.

For example, you get to pick between the Scalefiend Shrine building or the Dark Seminary building, each with 2 different unit. This allows much more replay ability.

captainrads

Reaction score
Awww...I like the obsidian creatures, one was a great healer and the other was a decent anti-caster. Did they get replaced with similar units?

Also, I just realized - we've hit over 300 posts. Woo! I'm getting a beer!

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I have a name to defend. (not in the forums but in GGC) Let's see where this goes anyway, shall we ?

Skeletal Archers
Skeletal Archers are one of the "Choice" units in the Undead Scourge, with the other choice being the Crypt Fiend. They are swift archers with low health and decent damage. They can learn the Burning Bones ability, which gives them increased attack power.

Cool... But... the ability isn't really undead like. I know what you want them to be: the exact oposite of the crypt fiends. Well, to be honest This is my suggestion here: Use the ability Bloodless beat
Bloodless Beat When a unit in Aoe of 450 dies, the unit who posseses this skill is going to get a permenent 7% attack speed and 4%moovment speed. stacks up to 4 times. When the ability is maxed, the skeleton archer gets a small cold shlouder ability( 7% attack and movment speed reduction. Stacks)

Witch Elves
Witch Elves are nimble assassins of the Undead Scourge. They are undead elves, and can learn the Dexterity and Leap abilities. Dexterity is evasion, whilst Leap is a targeted jumping ability. They are built from the Dark Seminary, a "choice" building.

Uh.... Elves and flight? Why not "Shadow Dash" instead? It is a bit logical and besides, I have another idea for the jumping ability.

The idea: A new unit called, Hunter. This is a ghoul, with attachments on his hands. He is fast good armor and dps but low hit points. He has the hunt ability.
Hunt- The unit jumps and falls on a target stunning it for 2.6 seconds. If there is no unit in range of 300 of the targeted unit, the hunter will catch the unit and jump back, draging it with him to the original position of the hunter.

Black Knights
Black Knights are tough, medium damage T2 melee units. They are undead elves, built from the Dark Seminary, a "choice" building. They carry a Broadsword, which they can cleave with. Also, they can learn Shadow Scream, which taunts nearby enemies. They work well with their Witch Elf counterparts at assaults, because as they take all the damage with taunt, Witch Elves can Leap in, flank, and deal damage without having to worry about taking damage.

Cool. Ability suggestion: Terrorblade(passive, researchable) Whenever a unit is attacked by a Black Knight there is a 19% on attack that the Black knight is going to dmg him for another 30 dmg.
The ability is just for a bit of extra attack power :p

Scalefiend Terrors
Scalefiend Terrors have very low health, and very high attack, and also very fast movement speed. They are undead snap dragons, and are built from the Scalefiend Shrine, a "choice" building. They can walk on water, and learn the Mana Poison, which drains an enemies' health whenever a Terror attacks them. They can also learn Misdirect, which forces all nearby enemies to attack a target ally. These are very useful, because they can be very strategic. They can force all units on a very tough target, or, if they're in a pack, kill a lone hero. They can do this by Misdirecting each other, so the hero is constantly moving and not attacking.

Cool!

Scalefiend Crusher
Undead Naga; can walk on water and is built from the Scalefiend Shrine, a "choice" building. They have... ?? Need ideas!!

They have.... Eye of the Storm, Runic weapon and Bleeding Hatred.
Eye of the Storm: The caster knockbacks a unit with a lightning burst and purges him. Deals 80dmg. No mana cost, 12 sec cooldown and... unit targeted.

Runic Weapon- The unit wields a weapon that has hidden potential. There is a 20% on attack that the weapon will release a fatal blow that is going to knockback the unit it struck. The knockback lasts 1.5 seconds. If the knockbacked unit bumps into anything he will suffer 20 dmg.

Bleeding Hatred: When the Scalefiend Crusher hits the same unit 5 times hi is going to get 30% movment speed bonus (the crusher that is) untill he changes the target or the target dies. Doesn't work on heroes.

Blightwing
Blightwings are T2 flying undead Nerubians. They are fast, have medium health, and very good damage, but can only attack air units. However, they can learn Cocoon, which pulls a ground target up into the air, immobilizing the Blightwing and the target. This is good, because if Blightwings are in packs, they can easily rip apart individual ground units.

Blight release: The blightwing blights a targeted area (good for strategical use)

What do you think ?

Sid

Reaction score
Nice concepts to begin with, Bloodcount.
However, Blightwing is amazing concept. Liked it. ;)

I may help too... I have little-bit talent with these kind of Moddings.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Skeletal Archers
Skeletal Archers are one of the "Choice" units in the Undead Scourge, with the other choice being the Crypt Fiend. They are swift archers with low health and decent damage. They can learn the Burning Bones ability, which gives them increased attack power.

Cool... But... the ability isn't really undead like. I know what you want them to be: the exact oposite of the crypt fiends. Well, to be honest This is my suggestion here: Use the ability Bloodless beat
Bloodless Beat When a unit in Aoe of 450 dies, the unit who posseses this skill is going to get a permenent 7% attack speed and 4%moovment speed. stacks up to 4 times. When the ability is maxed, the skeleton archer gets a small cold shlouder ability( 7% attack and movment speed reduction. Stacks)

I really didn't like the Skeletal Archer ability I had. I'm thinking though Skeletal Archer's are going to be a massed group of archers. I was thinking of some ability where the more Skeletal Archer's in the area, the more armor Skeletal Archer's have, to promote making Skeletal Archer attack groups. Movement speed bonuses are more for units escaping, or lone units, but your ability triggers movement speed when there are units dying in the area (so it procs more when there are more units in the area). That doesn't make sense. I like your idea, but it just doesn't fit the skeletal archer.

Witch Elves
Witch Elves are nimble assassins of the Undead Scourge. They are undead elves, and can learn the Dexterity and Leap abilities. Dexterity is evasion, whilst Leap is a targeted jumping ability. They are built from the Dark Seminary, a "choice" building.

Uh.... Elves and flight? Why not "Shadow Dash" instead? It is a bit logical and besides, I have another idea for the jumping ability.

The idea: A new unit called, Hunter. This is a ghoul, with attachments on his hands. He is fast good armor and dps but low hit points. He has the hunt ability.
Hunt- The unit jumps and falls on a target stunning it for 2.6 seconds. If there is no unit in range of 300 of the targeted unit, the hunter will catch the unit and jump back, draging it with him to the original position of the hunter.

Witch Elves are supposed to be good harassing units. The thing about your hunter units is that no unit ability should have a stun. My unit roster is a bit filled of for the Scourge, as well. I also finished this unit and rather like how it turned out.

Black Knights are tough, medium damage T2 melee units. They are undead elves, built from the Dark Seminary, a "choice" building. They carry a Broadsword, which they can cleave with. Also, they can learn Shadow Scream, which taunts nearby enemies. They work well with their Witch Elf counterparts at assaults, because as they take all the damage with taunt, Witch Elves can Leap in, flank, and deal damage without having to worry about taking damage.

Cool. Ability suggestion: Terrorblade(passive, researchable) Whenever a unit is attacked by a Black Knight there is a 19% on attack that the Black knight is going to dmg him for another 30 dmg.
The ability is just for a bit of extra attack power

Terrorblade sounds bad-ass, but the ability itself is sort of boring. I was thinking about editing the Cleave ability, so it's effect not as great, but with some sort of attack or defense boost. I can't decide on it though - any ideas?

Scalefiend Terrors
Scalefiend Terrors have very low health, and very high attack, and also very fast movement speed. They are undead snap dragons, and are built from the Scalefiend Shrine, a "choice" building. They can walk on water, and learn the Mana Poison, which drains an enemies' health whenever a Terror attacks them. They can also learn Misdirect, which forces all nearby enemies to attack a target ally. These are very useful, because they can be very strategic. They can force all units on a very tough target, or, if they're in a pack, kill a lone hero. They can do this by Misdirecting each other, so the hero is constantly moving and not attacking.

Cool!

Scalefiend Crusher
Undead Naga; can walk on water and is built from the Scalefiend Shrine, a "choice" building. They have... ?? Need ideas!!

They have.... Eye of the Storm, Runic weapon and Bleeding Hatred.
Eye of the Storm: The caster knockbacks a unit with a lightning burst and purges him. Deals 80dmg. No mana cost, 12 sec cooldown and... unit targeted.

Runic Weapon- The unit wields a weapon that has hidden potential. There is a 20% on attack that the weapon will release a fatal blow that is going to knockback the unit it struck. The knockback lasts 1.5 seconds. If the knockbacked unit bumps into anything he will suffer 20 dmg.

Bleeding Hatred: When the Scalefiend Crusher hits the same unit 5 times hi is going to get 30% movment speed bonus (the crusher that is) untill he changes the target or the target dies. Doesn't work on heroes.
I forgot to edit that one, he does have an ability called Blight Mist, which creates a mist of blight in an area which gives allied increased regeneration and causes enemies to miss.

These guys are supposed to be AoE siege guys. Eye of the Storm is OP for a unit ability. Runic Weapon is OP and doesn't fit the Scalefiend Crusher (it's an undead naga, not a death knight). Bleeding Hatred doesn't fit the unit theme.

I still do need another idea for this guy though.

Blightwing
Blightwings are T2 flying undead Nerubians. They are fast, have medium health, and very good damage, but can only attack air units. However, they can learn Cocoon, which pulls a ground target up into the air, immobilizing the Blightwing and the target. This is good, because if Blightwings are in packs, they can easily rip apart individual ground units.

Blight release: The blightwing blights a targeted area (good for strategical use)

I like it, maybe call it "Desecrate Land" or something.
I'll probably use it

+ rep for ideas.

Seriously though, I love feedback.

EDIT
Nice concepts to begin with, Bloodcount.
However, Blightwing is amazing concept. Liked it.

I may help too... I have little-bit talent with these kind of Moddings.
Thanks, looking forward to seeing your ideas.

Sid

Reaction score
Skeletal Archers...
If you are thinking them as Mass units, I have an idea....

Arrow Rain (Or some other artistic name)
When Activated for one, it should trigger for all archers that player holds in selection, or the the selected Archer will give out a Battlecry that will cause all nearby Archers to do trigger the ability.
The ability is - Fires the 5-10 arrows, (typically large amount) in significantly short amout of time (say 0.3 or 0.5 seconds), at currently aqquired target, However, the attack is not Missile type but rather Artillary type. I means it is possible to dodge them or miss them, Plus arrows will be fired with decreased accurecy i.e. They may land around the target rather than on the spot of the target.

Now, Such barrage of arrows, with Each Archer at it's own chosen target will look maddening!

wc3shady

Reaction score
Ooh, I like that! I'll called it Volley. So it would be cast on an area. The spell would pick every unit nearby the caster and it would forces them all to channel on the targeted area. Every 1 second, these guys would attack the area. I like it.

Sid

Reaction score
My idea is not Area cast but an instant cast, Archers would use it on the currently aqquired target, but if no hostiles around, it does nothing.

captainrads

Reaction score
I still do need another idea for this guy though.

Being that its 5am I'm not sure how well my brain functions but lemme see if I can come up with something...how about:
Serpentank: Maybe an avatar/aura kind of thing that gives hp/armor bonuses based on the number of undead naga in the area?
Or you could have something along the lines of water damage to buildings the crusher is attacking, sort of like batrider's liquid fire ability.
Or if you wanted ability synergy:
Drown- single target, usable only if an enemy is caught in blightmist. Forces blightmist into a target unit's lungs, causing immense slowing and damage reduction. Unit also takes a small amount of damage every few seconds.

That's all I've got now, and now, I'm going to bed...I hope I don't have to do a damn thing tomorrow.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Hm a water sort of thing would be good.

Maybe Erode?

It shoots a wide burst of water traveling a distance, which damages buildings, destroys trees, and lowers enemy movement speed?

captainrads

Reaction score
Hm a water sort of thing would be good.

Maybe Erode?

It shoots a wide burst of water traveling a distance, which damages buildings, destroys trees, and lowers enemy movement speed?
That's a pretty good idea...actually, maybe that could be an upgrade for Blightmist, giving it a "death and decay" sort of feel, although it wouldn't be too powerful. I dunno, your call, Erode sounds good too.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Erode it is.

Anybody willing to voice act?

I have a trailer mostly terrained.

EDIT

UndeadDragon will be making a website. Thanks

captainrads

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I have a microphone laying around my house somewhere...if that's all I need I could probably do some voice acting.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Great - although I'd have to hear your voice. Do you have a high/normal/low voice? I could probably edit it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.