Campaign Warcraft IV: The New Age - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazdra

Reaction score
Well, for unit, there is PLENTY of things you and your team can possibly do. Since there is so many undead and shit now (Scourge and Forsaken), I'm pretty sure that some human will go wild on undead hunting. Wich give me this idea :

Witch Hunter :Wich Hunter's strenght relys on his fast mouvement and his great arsenal. However, he make up with this with low HP, Armor and he's pretty useless agains non-undead unit. Since he's ranged (using pistol or something), he's the perfect hit and run buddy.

I tought you could give him a high critical strike rate that only work on undead, silver bullet, wich would work as a poison on undead but lower damage on non-undead, and a holy water flask, wich would damage undead unit over time in the targeted area.

Also :

Archer : These human archer aren't like the elven ranger : they wear heavy plate, to protect them as well. Archer are slow (mouving and shooting) and doesn't have a alot of HP. However, they make up with this with a good Armor value, an extreme accuracy and strong composite bows.

Archer have high damage and are tought compared to Rangers. I was also thinking about a " shooting formation", wich would give the a 20% critical strike if an Archer is fighting beside two of his pals (meaning that you have to have 3 Archer for them to have the critical strike bonus).

Here's another idea :

Martyr : Martyr are kind of unique. They are no regular fighter. In fact, Martyr strenght relys on the fact that they can take ALOT of hit, even tought they don't seems to wear heavy armor, and that the more wounded they are, the stronger they hit. Martyr aren't good as wall or frontline, since they doesn't have any armor or damage reduction, and, most important of all, they would siphon way to much mana for cleric/healer wich would need to keep them heal. Martyr ARE slow, even if they don't wear heavy armor, for they wield big weapons.

Martyr deal more damage base on the less health he currently have. They could also have a cleaving attack, since they wear two-handed weapons. However, healing effect on them could be reduced by, let say 25%, making them bad for massers. I was also thinking that, once he gets, for exemple, to 20% of his total life, he would reduce all damage dealt to him for a low rate.

Here's the last idea I have left for now :

Wood Ranger :Wood Rangers are weaker version of Archer/Ranger. However, they are espacially good for scouting and for fighting when next to trees. He doesn't have the high attack range of the regular Archer, nor his damage, but he as a fast mouvement speed. Futhermore, the Wood Ranger has a really good sight, wich allow him to observe ennemy mouvement. Wood Ranger fighting ability are lame, except when he's surrounded by tree : while there's three or more trees in around him (could be in a range of 300), he gains an 20% evade bonus and a 50% damage bonus. As a huge plus, the scout could summon critter (like bunny, sheep and etc) to scout ennemy base without them to notice it.

For sure, Wood Ranger are best while fighting in the WOODS. I guess everyone understood that. If your planning to make Night Elf in your campaing, these are the only true unit that can rivalise with the night elf ranger, even tought they are weaker.

EDIT : Just saw a pretty funny model on the Hiveworshop : Here. Still, I can be usefull.

Portative Gun : This unit is extremely weak (peasent). It has low HP, Armor, damage and move slow. However, it is really valuable. Whenever he wants to, he can set up his turret (the spiker) and fire at a great rate. This turret protect the gunner, wich make it extremely resistant to ranged attack. However, melee attack are mortal to this unit. While the turret is deployed, the unit can't move, however, it can fire at a great speed and deal high amount of damage.

It could deal splash damage. It should also reduced ranged attack damage (except for siege), as it's the peasent that must be killed. This could be really accurate against flying unit, and less, but still strong, against ground unit. It would be the anti-ranged unit, wich would still be ranged.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I like some of that, Nazdra, + reputation.

Witch Hunter: I like the concept, but being powerful against only undead would be pretty overpowered (and underpowered) in melee. Too big of a circumstantial unit in melee. Although, I think I will put him in the human campaign. Well, at least the second half of the human campaign. I'll give you a little spoiler for what that's about,
the Siege of Naxxramas
, but I'm not saying too much big.

Martyr: Awesome idea! It would sort of make a good defensive unit in a way. Say, the humans are defending and getting beat, but then boom Martyrs come out, get low health, then come back for humans (possibly). Probably using it.

Archer: Nah. Just isn't very purposeful. Why do archers need high armor? Humans are defensive. A bit boring.

Wood Ranger: Well, to start, it doesn't match the Humans much. Sounds like a Night Elf unit. It's very circumstantial, what if there are not many trees? What if you're not fighting Night Elves?

Portative Gun: It's awesome! Just what I was looking for (although name will probably change). I think I'll make it an upgrade for Peasants though. I've been trying to make a way to give Humans a defensive offense. Like, they would slowly push their lines forward. They can do this with Portative Guns with Peasants. Use the guns to give infantry cover, infantry takes enemy out, point captured. Then, the Peasants could build resource buildings/permanent towers. Perfect idea Nazdra!

wc3shady

Reaction score
So, after a long withdrawal/procrastination of actual work on this project, I have continued. I'm working on Undead Melee ATM. Here's what I've done for the units. It's not much yet, but I'm making this list so I can continue updating it.

Green = Done
Red = Untouched
Blue = In the Process

Units
Black Knight
Blightwing
Dread Witcher
Plague Eruptor
Scalefiend Crusher
Scalefiend Terror

Skeletal Archer
Witch Elf

Zombie

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Looking good, I hope you continue because this is a great project :thup:

wc3shady

Reaction score
Yeah, I am continuing it. I'll really enjoy making this map for a while, then I'll withdraw for a bit, but now I'm really into it. If I really work at it, by next weekend the undead will be finished.

captainrads

Reaction score
So, after a long withdrawal/procrastination of actual work on this project, I have continued. I'm working on Undead Melee ATM. Here's what I've done for the units. It's not much yet, but I'm making this list so I can continue updating it.

Green = Done
Red = Untouched
Blue = In the Process

Units
Black Knight
Blightwing
Dread Witcher
Plague Eruptor
Scalefiend Crusher
Scalefiend Terror

Skeletal Archer
Witch Elf

Zombie
Is that a progress report or do you need ideas?

wc3shady

Reaction score
It's a "progress report", quoted due to the fact that there really isn't much progress. But ideas are needed too, for humans. So far all I have that's new for them are Porta-Turrets (Nazdra's Idea), which are guns that peasants can set up and mount, and Martyrs (Again, Nazdra's Idea) which gain bonus damage when they lose health.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Can a Mod Delete This, I accidentally posted the message below twice.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Oh sorry I missed that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3shady View Post
So, I'm going to make a list of all of the things I need to do at the moment, and you can help or offer to help if you want.

- Make a Website (I'll be trying, but I haven't the slightest clue how)
- Logo (I tried, but I failed)
- Models (If your looking to help, I'll give you a model list
- JASS Abilities
- Figuring Out the Statistics (Easy, but painstakingly boring. Don't worry about this one)
- Human Unit Ideas
- Voice Actors (Last and least. I have a lot to do before I really need it, but it would be nice to have the voices ready)

I can do the website, I'm in a web design class right now and I need something I can make a site about.

As for Human Units:
Cannon: Slow, heavy ranged unit. Can learn the Grapeshot upgrade, giving the cannon a large AOE attack.
Jouster: Jousting warrior mounted on horseback. Can learn the Lancer upgrade, allowing this unit's attacks to strike through units.
Automatron: Giant mechanical unit, used for absorbing damage and dealing slow, heavy attacks.
Cleric: Supportive caster unit, has the Healing Light ability(Channeled, AOE healing) and can learn the Scribe(Preserves a units status for a few seconds-including health, mana, and buffs) ability and the Cleanse Evil(AOE purge) ability.
That's all I've got right now, let me know if there's anything specific you need as far as units go or if you'd like me to handle the website.

For the Cannon, the unique thing about Human siege is that it's only close ranged (Steam Engine or something). But when you said Grapeshot, it gave me an idea. Grappling Hook: Steam Engine ability that pulls a unit towards the Steam Engine.

For the Jouster: Well, at the moment it seems just like a Knight, but with a lance. Maybe, the Knight can become a Jouster, and then use your ability that makes it attack through units. Thanks for the idea.

For the Automatron: I like the idea, I like the name. What I'm going to do though is make this unit, like you said a good absorbing unit, but I'm going to make it give heavy cover.

For the Cleric: I already have a priest. Why would I add a Cleric?

Oh and a website would be great!
+ Rep for idea

wc3shady

Reaction score
Sorry for Double Post But -

OK so it seems like I'm not going to get a modeler any time soon.

So, I'm thinking of resorting to importing WoW models.

I know a lot people oppose this, so I would just like your guys' stand on this before I import. Also, are you even allowed to use WoW models on the Helper?

EDIT
Can you disable or remove upgrades via triggers?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry for Double Post But -

OK so it seems like I'm not going to get a modeler any time soon.

So, I'm thinking of resorting to importing WoW models.

I know a lot people oppose this, so I would just like your guys' stand on this before I import. Also, are you even allowed to use WoW models on the Helper?

EDIT
Can you disable or remove upgrades via triggers?

Yes you can, it is downgrade upgrade or simething....

And no, you can't. Not supported in TH, as far as I know.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Oh, yeah, I found the upgrade trigger, I'm about to test it. Thanks

Well, I'm not big on WoW models anyways. Was sort of a last resort (well, a couple of the units were inspired by WoW models).

captainrads

Reaction score
Oh sorry I missed that one.

For the Cannon, the unique thing about Human siege is that it's only close ranged (Steam Engine or something). But when you said Grapeshot, it gave me an idea. Grappling Hook: Steam Engine ability that pulls a unit towards the Steam Engine.

For the Jouster: Well, at the moment it seems just like a Knight, but with a lance. Maybe, the Knight can become a Jouster, and then use your ability that makes it attack through units. Thanks for the idea.

For the Automatron: I like the idea, I like the name. What I'm going to do though is make this unit, like you said a good absorbing unit, but I'm going to make it give heavy cover.

For the Cleric: I already have a priest. Why would I add a Cleric?

Oh and a website would be great!
+ Rep for idea
I like the ideas...as for the cleric, I thought you would be replacing the priest or something, I guess I got confused between the two WC4's since King is replacing all the units.

As for the website, let me know what you would want it to look like. It might be a few weeks before I can start on it though since I still need to get the design programs I need...plus, I'm afraid my computer might not last much longer and I'd rather not start something big on it only to have it crash.

wc3shady

Reaction score
A few weeks is fine! Thanks so much. I'll PM you.

EDIT
Hm are you unable to give a burrowed crypt fiend abilities?

EDIT2
I just ran into a problem. I'm adding 2 new buildings to each race, but Orcs/Night Elves only have room for 1 and Humans/Undead have room for none. I was thinking that the Scourge Necropolis/Halls of the Dead/Black Citadel could summon buildings, and I was thinking Humans could upgrade their scout towers into these 2 buildings. But for Orcs/Night Elves, I'm not sure. Well, seeing as how you need a research to use one of these buildings, and you can only use one of the two buildings every game, I could make a trigger to add one of the two buildings (the one you researched) to your build menu. Although, I'm unsure if this is possible.

Discuss.

captainrads

Reaction score
A few weeks is fine! Thanks so much. I'll PM you.

EDIT
Hm are you unable to give a burrowed crypt fiend abilities?

EDIT2
I just ran into a problem. I'm adding 2 new buildings to each race, but Orcs/Night Elves only have room for 1 and Humans/Undead have room for none. I was thinking that the Scourge Necropolis/Halls of the Dead/Black Citadel could summon buildings, and I was thinking Humans could upgrade their scout towers into these 2 buildings. But for Orcs/Night Elves, I'm not sure. Well, seeing as how you need a research to use one of these buildings, and you can only use one of the two buildings every game, I could make a trigger to add one of the two buildings (the one you researched) to your build menu. Although, I'm unsure if this is possible.

Discuss.
Hmm....how about taking out the shop and putting those items into the town hall(or distributing them to other buildings; Arcane Sanctum has the magical items, Workshop has items which relate to it, etc.) Depending on what kind of buildings you plan on adding, you could also have them upgraded from other buildings(Beastiary upgrades into Primal Keep?)

wc3shady

Reaction score
No upgrading, and I was considering removing shops... I just wasn't sure if getting rid of the items was a good idea. Because, if there's no shop, I'm not going to use items in the races. I think that's what I'll do. Thanks :thup:

captainrads

Reaction score
No upgrading, and I was considering removing shops... I just wasn't sure if getting rid of the items was a good idea. Because, if there's no shop, I'm not going to use items in the races. I think that's what I'll do. Thanks :thup:
Alright, but is there gonna be some way to get those items? Like put them in goblin shops around the map? Maybe you could have travelling merchants which sell them, wandering around the map.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
wc3shady, let me give u a little hint: Make 3-4 items for each race that are racial, meaning that they fit the race and they help the race. THey are going to help from start. Don't make a special shop. You can add them to the upgrade building ;) But, items are vital, atleast in my opinoin though.

captainrads

Reaction score
wc3shady, let me give u a little hint: Make 3-4 items for each race that are racial, meaning that they fit the race and they help the race. THey are going to help from start. Don't make a special shop. You can add them to the upgrade building ;) But, items are vital, atleast in my opinoin though.
Agreed, they help you out so much, especially in the beginning when creeping and keeping your units alive is vital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.