Campaign Warcraft IV: The New Age - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
It's not harry potter. Anyways... so for night elves let me think... Moonlight path is completed, and natural path needs a new tier 1 unit. I'm thinking a sort of hit-and-run unit based on siege. Any ideas?

Don't you think it is a bit non-unique for two units from different races to have a jump ability? I mean you want as much diversity in the races as you can get.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Just because two units have similar abilities since they're both jumping doesn't mean the games not unique. Well, maybe they do need a change - maybe I'll change leap so it jumps on an enemies' back.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Just because two units have similar abilities since they're both jumping doesn't mean the games not unique. Well, maybe they do need a change - maybe I'll change leap so it jumps on an enemies' back.

Actually it does, give warcraft 1 and 2 for example. A lot of the units were similar even between different races. It wasn't very unique, even Warcraft 3 was not the most unique in order of units but in ability's they all had unique ones. A good example of unique races is Starcraft. I think change leap to:

Ambush - The Witchdocter turns invisible and leaps onto an enemy units back causing them to take 80 damage and stun them for 2 seconds. The Witchdocter is invisible until she attacks or gets too close to an enemy unit.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Actually it does, give warcraft 1 and 2 for example. A lot of the units were similar even between different races. It wasn't very unique, even Warcraft 3 was not the most unique in order of units but in ability's they all had unique ones. A good example of unique races is Starcraft. I think change leap to:

Ambush - The Witchdocter turns invisible and leaps onto an enemy units back causing them to take 80 damage and stun them for 2 seconds. The Witchdocter is invisible until she attacks or gets too close to an enemy unit.

In Warcraft 1 and 2, every unit had an alternate unit on the other race that was exactly the same. The only difference was names, looks, and sound. Warcraft 3 was decently unique, and Starcraft has some of the most unique races I have seen.

And I was thinking something like Ambush for the Witch Elf, and I don't want her to become invisible, I just want her to jump on an enemies back, because then she could stay on there for like 5 seconds stunning the enemy, and when she is attacked on top of the enemy, the enemy splits the damage.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Been keeping my eyes on this project and I love it, so beatyful.

If there's one thing that's bugging me it's the name of Arthas skill Frostmourne Hungers, such a cliché, just because he says so in wc3 :D.

I just think it sounds bad, it would be nicer with something like; Mourning Hunger, Reaping Blade or Hungering Blade and when he kills somewhen the ability is replaced based on level of ability with Soulfed Blade still having the same buff so on can make the trigger comparrison.

Anyways this may just be me, keep up the great work.

//==GooS

PS: Someone may or may not have already mentioned what I said, didn't make the effort to read through all replies.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
In Warcraft 1 and 2, every unit had an alternate unit on the other race that was exactly the same. The only difference was names, looks, and sound. Warcraft 3 was decently unique, and Starcraft has some of the most unique races I have seen.

And I was thinking something like Ambush for the Witch Elf, and I don't want her to become invisible, I just want her to jump on an enemies back, because then she could stay on there for like 5 seconds stunning the enemy, and when she is attacked on top of the enemy, the enemy splits the damage.

Yeah that sounds a lot better.

If there's one thing that's bugging me it's the name of Arthas skill Frostmourne Hungers, such a cliché, just because he says so in wc3 .

I just think it sounds bad, it would be nicer with something like; Mourning Hunger, Reaping Blade or Hungering Blade and when he kills somewhen the ability is replaced based on level of ability with Soulfed Blade still having the same buff so on can make the trigger comparrison.

//==GooS

PS: Someone may or may not have already mentioned what I said, didn't make the effort to read through all replies.

Thats what I thought when I first saw it, but it's grown on me so I'm not really against the names.

Off Topic:

Wc3shady I'll be sending you a whole shitload of stuff I've been working on soon. You'll finally know why I've been so quiet xD

wc3shady

Reaction score

If there's one thing that's bugging me it's the name of Arthas skill Frostmourne Hungers, such a cliché, just because he says so in wc3 :D.

//==GooS

Hey, thanks a lot. It's so good to hear from fans of my project. Anyways, the "Frostmourne Hungers" thing was partially intentional, partially a lack of ideas for a name. Anyways, I like Hungering Blade, thats its new name. Thanks.

Wc3shady I'll be sending you a whole shitload of stuff I've been working on soon. You'll finally know why I've been so quiet xD

Lookin forward to it!

captainrads

Reaction score
Alright, I likes the ideas. As for the T1 unit...how about:
Creeper: A creeping vine which slithers along the ground. Can learn the Overgrowth ability, used on buildings to make them unrepairable and causes building functions to slow down(training units, mana regen, etc.).

wc3shady

Reaction score
Alright, I likes the ideas. As for the T1 unit...how about:
Creeper: A creeping vine which slithers along the ground. Can learn the Overgrowth ability, used on buildings to make them unrepairable and causes building functions to slow down(training units, mana regen, etc.).

Thanks, creepers sound like good units, but they gave me another idea...
Living Root - Vine or root unit, they are suppose to add an even more "nomadic" feeling to the night elves. Like with the moving buildings, they could latch on to them to make them move much quicker. Or they could spread out over an area, slowing enemy units and making allied units faster. This would also be good, because if you make them slow enemy units in an area in front of the archers it would make archers better.

I can beta test (and host if you want)

I can also do feedback on the plot

Ok, you can beta test and host, I do need one of those...

And with the plot... well I'm pretentious when it comes to plot, so I need you to PM me a bit of the lore you know. By the way anybody else can PM me with how they do on lore and stories, and feedback on plot and such, so then i can judge if you would be good for my project.

Anyways, I probably wont be able to release a melee map on time because I haven't found a modeler. So, modelers, join my project! I love you modelers.

captainrads

Reaction score
Thanks, creepers sound like good units, but they gave me another idea...
Living Root - Vine or root unit, they are suppose to add an even more "nomadic" feeling to the night elves. Like with the moving buildings, they could latch on to them to make them move much quicker. Or they could spread out over an area, slowing enemy units and making allied units faster. This would also be good, because if you make them slow enemy units in an area in front of the archers it would make archers better.

Sounds awesome, ancients really need to move quicker. If you have treant units, they could go with them too, giving them various bonuses and maybe a few extra abilities.

EDIT: I has an idea for the Living Root. How about a sort of burrow ability, but instead of just hiding, when a unit gets near it, it springs up from the ground and an Entangling Roots sort of thing happens.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
So Wc3shady how is this going? You mostly working on units or story? Or are you just taking a break for a while? :D

wc3shady

Reaction score
So Wc3shady how is this going? You mostly working on units or story? Or are you just taking a break for a while? :D

No break never!

I've just been getting my thoughts together. Stats for all the units, ya know?
Anyways, sometime this week ill prob add more units to the front page

captainrads

Reaction score
No break never!

I've just been getting my thoughts together. Stats for all the units, ya know?
Anyways, sometime this week ill prob add more units to the front page
Well I'm glad to hear you're working dilligently...although I sympathize with the unit stats, that sucks...balancing and such. So many factors...its awful. Most likely my map will have pretty bad imbalances, but hopefully not.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Yeah, balancing sucks... Anyways, I've been working on a jump ability, and I need help with this line (I got this spell from waldbaer on wc3campaigns, and changed it a bit). It's for a point targeted jump spell.

call DCJS_JumpSpeed( GetTriggerUnit(), GetNearestPathableLoc( GetSpellTargetLoc() ), DistanceBetweenPoints(GetUnitLoc(GetTriggerUnit()), GetSpellTargetLoc()) / 2, GetUnitMoveSpeed( GetTriggerUnit() ) )

It says it requires a function name,

Specifically, right here:

t()), GetSpellTargetLoc()) / 2, GetUnitMoveSpeed( GetTriggerUnit() ) )

Thanks!

wc3shady

Reaction score
Yeah, balancing sucks... Anyways, I've been working on a jump ability, and I need help with this line (I got this spell from waldbaer on wc3campaigns, and changed it a bit). It's for a point targeted jump spell.

It says it requires a function name,

Specifically, right here:

Thanks!

Still need help with this.

Anyways, adding a new function to the game!

COVER: I am adding cover to this game. basically, I'm making an invisible unit that has a Light, Heavy, or Faulty Cover Aura, and I'm placing it where it is used. I.E. On a hill, I would place Light Cover, on a cliff, I would place Heavy Cover, and in shallow water I would place Faulty Cover.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Hey shady, I've made a scarlet tier 1 to 3 armor and weapon sets which I actually kinda intended to give you if you need 'em after the phoenix trial #4 is over at the hive.

You can see them at page 30 of this thread.

If you want just holla ;)

//==GooS

wc3shady

Reaction score
I love them!

Your my hero GooS. Welcome to my special thanks list. + Rep

Oh and its on pg 31 of that link if anyone wants to see em.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Sweet ^^ I'll PM you 'em, hmm can post images here ;)

Scarlet Regalia
prevRegalia.jpg

Crusaders Lance
prevLance.jpg

captainrads

Reaction score
Cover sounds pretty cool, sorta like an alternate shadow meld. Are all races gonna be able to do it though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.