Well.. this is a problem

xKxIxNxGx

Reaction score
what im trying to do, is when you pick up an item, it increases your range..
i tryed some abilities that i could mess with.. but all it says is use your 2nd attack index.. or w/e... that wont work.. because well.. different items will have different ranges?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think that is possible. The only way I know of to increase a unit's range is by using an upgrade, but upgrades cannot be reduced in level.

xKxIxNxGx

Reaction score
:(...
welll do you think.. welli know its possible.. but.. how succesful it would be..
IF
i make a bunch upgrades... and when an item is dropped upgrade the upgrade that decreases range.. and have seperate ones for each item thats different.. i really dont wanna do that.. maybe some1 can help me figure this one out.. i dont mind doing that.. but if some1 says it wont work.. tell me now...

l-hate_you

Reaction score
Very easy fix. If you have WEU, there is a special action function designed just for that. If you don't, you can only change the Aquisition Range (which is just the Cap on the unit's Range.) So what you can do is make the unit's range a high number like 2000. Then, make the Aquisition Range like 100 so the unit attacks at melee range. You can then change the unit's Aquisition Range with a trigger to be 2000 like it's range, so it can now fire from 2000 range. Don't asked me why its called "aquisition range", its just basically a cap for the range. Theres also a human upgrade that deals with range that you can try as a last resort. Make it so the unit is affected by that upgrade and later on, with a trigger, make the upgrade's level 1 so then i will be activated and the unit can get the range bonus. :)

Reaction score
Don't use WEU.

Also, the acquisition range is the range in which a unit ACQUIRES a target. It isn't a cap on the units range. So, your unit will have up to 2000 range if you order it to attack, or if it acquires a target and then the target moves away.

Use the human range upgrade.

TheCrystal

Reaction score
As they've said, upgrades can't be demoted.
Just supporting Damien.
WEU is a editor that helps "Newmappers"
Its pretty much useless, those added triggers cause' leaks, the editor is pretty useless other than that.
Also, WEU doesn't get Added trigger things when you update TFT..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.