Whats the best way

Uszi

Reaction score
Whats the best way to detect the target of an ability being cast?

I posted a system I was using for a reviving teammates mechanic in a map I'm making (http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=129060).

I think I figured out that the problem with the revival trigger I posted there was that I did it for the loop for all players, which resulted in full team revives. Which I didn't want, really.

I've been reworking the trigger, and it seems like the simplest way to do it would be to detect if a unit is the target of my defibrillator ability, and then run the revive. But I can't seem to figure out how to do that.

I always thought "Unit - A unit starts the effect of the ability" referred to the target, but I guess it refers to the caster.

Then all the Finishes Casting, Begins Casting, etc deal with the unit casting. Which makes it hard for me, because the downed players are given to Neutral Passive so they can't move them around, etc, and I need to decide who to give the Neutral Passive unit back-to when they get revived.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Event Response - Target Unit Of Ability Being Cast is how you get the target of an ability in GUI
so

E - Unit - A unit starts the effect of the ability
C - Ability == Defibrilator
A - Revive (Target of Ability Being Cast)

Something like that, I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
There is a thing called Event Response - Target Unit Of Ability Being Cast :D
That is what you want ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.