what's the most important elements in RPG to you?

A

acuben

I just like to know what you guys find most important in RPG.
You can list as many as you want (From most important to least)
but mainly Im gonna focus on first 2 elements taht everyone consider the most important. (hoepfully this'll help me with my map)

starting from me.
1. Class/Characters (always wanted to play a buffer, supporting mage class[not healer class], but most RPGs dont' have it :p)
2. Items (D2 may be old school, but gotta love those items description that takes 5 mins to read)

3. Enemies/Mobs/NH to be more specific, bosses. I hate fighting same mobs for 2 hours. Gotta do something challenging every 30 mins...

other elements can be soemthing like...
-Graphics (who doesn't like having shiny shiny objects? and cute female characters?)
-Storyline
-Balance (all you need is 1 overpowered class to ruin the game :D:D)
and anything i haven't thought of.
-saving/load system ( tell me if u like short ones or long rpgs :p)
-difficulty

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
If you can at any point just let your hero patrol or attack move and gain level that way (running around and killing on his own) then everything else doesn't matter, the RPG utterly fails at that point no matter how ownage items/classes/story/whatever is.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Hmmm, a lot of things are important to me in RPGs......

The 2 most important ones i must say are original heroes that are fun to play with and a varied terain and a lot of monsters who drop different stuf.
I hate being in a desert all the time, killing the same monsters all the time....

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
1 - Variety. I don't like hunting 50 of the same creeps. Instead, make a small variety, even if it's a different tint and slightly different color, it's good enough for me. Also, add a stronger creep every once in a while, makes it more... exiting :D

2 - Not too repetitive, make it always have something new to do, not just kill, level, kill, level, buy new items, etc.

3 - Heroes should have unique abilities, and it would be a lot nicer if it was a different system, rather than the old "Level and choose ability".

A

acuben

1 - Variety. I don't like hunting 50 of the same creeps. Instead, make a small variety, even if it's a different tint and slightly different color, it's good enough for me. Also, add a stronger creep every once in a while, makes it more... exiting :D

2 - Not too repetitive, make it always have something new to do, not just kill, level, kill, level, buy new items, etc.

3 - Heroes should have unique abilities, and it would be a lot nicer if it was a different system, rather than the old "Level and choose ability".

by first one. do you mean like fighting ogres at some point, and fighting gnolls after then fighting trolls, etc?

and for 3rd one. I assume you like somewhat different skill system like Final Fantasy 8 (Junction system), Final Fantasy 7 (Materia System), Final fantasy 9 (Item learning system oO) every time you play a rpg? :p

Benicio

Reaction score
Rpg

The most important elements is that the RPG has stuff to do other than just kill things at random to level. Such as Awesome quests and alot, side quests, etc. Also having a map that MUST require teamwork to win is good to, although a times can be annoying with bad partners with good it makes game really fun. Dueling is another fun thing in RPG to test your strength against you friends. Heroes MUST be will balanced and save codes are really nice too. I dunno something like Guild Wars is nice :)

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
by first one. do you mean like fighting ogres at some point, and fighting gnolls after then fighting trolls, etc?

I meant more like fighting an Ogre at one point, and every once in a while, a Ogre Chief comes out, just a bit stronger than the other ogres.

and for 3rd one. I assume you like somewhat different skill system like Final Fantasy 8 (Junction system), Final Fantasy 7 (Materia System), Final fantasy 9 (Item learning system oO) every time you play a rpg?
I haven't played FF, but If it was different from the regular wc3 one, maybe. I don't like "buying" my abilities either >_<

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
I want an RPG without farming. This is the most important point for me and no RPG made it. In every RPG you have to slaughter monster after monster with the same skills all the time the same again over and over and over and over and over. That's just boring! Some mobs can go like this but after like 5 groups of stupid mobs a boss with an AI could come. Something you have to change your fighting style.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Good Story and characters with personality! No dull creep slaying 24/7! Well polished world is a MUST. Emotions, don' t forget them. AI controlled units need to be wise. They tell the story and create atmosphere around player.

CYRRIC

Reaction score
i want to do a rpg but i will not start it for now so i will give you an idea of mine that you could use it

imagine you start a solo rpg map you take a hero with a fonction Magical, Strengh, Agility and maybe one skill then the hero can learn other skill the only way to do this IS .... quest (example)

you go in a mountain you go searh on or to unit to help you and you have to kill the monster to arive at the dragon of the montain he give you a quest to kill a city of stupid human that want his tresor(its an example lol) you kill them bring it back an item to reward you he give you item or gold and he grant you with an ability.

what could be great ith this you could done somethink like many quest to have many abilty and the hero could have everytime you start a new hero you couls test new ability he same hero dont have all the same technike every player could have his own personalised hero

i think that a great idea to make the hero get stronger during the game and not a the begening or at the killing creep for making exp.

here i give you my idea if you want to use you can im not selfish lol

S

Selket

For me, the important elements in an RPG are:

1. Unique characters with strengths and weaknesses.
2. A huge variety of monsters in their matching environments
3. A final boss monster.
4. Different kinds of items with a spell, effects, and bonuses.
5. Stunning landscapes.
6. NPCs that can help you and tell you about the world.
7. The usual things like shops, village landscape, and villagers.

These are all the attributes that matter to me in an RPG.:D:D:D:):):)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.