World Editor vs World Editor Unlimited?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
>vs
useless thread

btw use whatever you want, we aren't controlling your mind.

>map speed
Won't change something.

>compatibility
Too many rumors on it.
And WEU maps don't work if you open them with a normal WE if you added an "unreadable" line.

Being a drone or a machine?

You do whatever you want, we aren't the choice (because thread went out of his original question).

Demi666

Reaction score
>vs
useless thread

btw use whatever you want, we aren't controlling your mind.

>map speed
Won't change something.

>compatibility
Too many rumors on it.
And WEU maps don't work if you open them with a normal WE if you added an "unreadable" line.

Being a drone or a machine?

You do whatever you want, we aren't the choice (because thread went out of his original question).

chocobo he asked for our opionion, dont say we dont "controll" him thats just completly idiotic, he wanted to know our opionion, you shouldnt answer the thread if you dont wanna share it?

Ryuu

I am back with Chocolate (:
Reaction score
I totally agree with Demi666. This thread, like some other threads, are meant for us, members of The Helper Forums, and some other adminstrators and moderators to give our opinion and help other members, hence the name "The Helper".

It isn't anything about the thread being useless or useful, because only useful threads are good tutorials, spells, triggers, etc, and they only make up about 10% (if I'm not wrong) of the WE forums. The other threads are what you call "useless", like this thread.

NewGen focuses more on JASS and not on GUI.
WE focuses on both GUI and JASS.
WEU focuses also on GUI and JASS, and its ability to compress the mapsize merely corrupts the map.

I would agree with most of you here, WE and NewGen is well recommended.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
thought using jass is the best decision...? :(
I need takes times to learn jass indeed...

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
thought i am a super duper bad jasser...cant understand..><

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
thought i am a super duper bad jasser...cant understand..><

Just try to learn a little.

One function/native = open the brackets (), and put inside the arguments. Put a "," to separate them.
Ex : call somefunc(u,i,wtf,aklrjlak)

If you want locals, put a line at the top of the function, and write something like :
Ex : local integer i
local unit u
local widget wtf
local string aklrjlak

And if the function returns something, you should set a variable of same type like :
Ex :

JASS:
function SomeFunc takes integer i returns integer
return i+9
endfunction

function SomeFuncTest takes nothing returns nothing
local integer i = GetRandomInt(0,6456)
set i = SomeFunc(i)
endfunction

there, it justs take a random number between 0 and 6456, then add +9 to it from the function SomeFunc that takes an integer.

but, there are tutorials to start learning that.

S

Sims_Doc

Well Can i make a Map Bigger than 250 by 250? if it can i shell use it becuse im looking for something like that Becuse ive seen on Bnet the map Village builder the map is bigger than normal so yeah if there a Way i can do it normal with WE i will take it if i cant i shell have to DL Unlimited World edior and then the Map that im making shell be made Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
and now ive run out of stuff to say so ill say what i said before ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

quraji

zap
Reaction score
Another one of these threads eh? Before it's closed:

If you want some straight up advice, steer clear of WEU. It can cause a lot of headache, according to many many posts I've read (never used it myself). If you want to take advantage of advanced functions or whatever WEU has, take the time to learn JASS. It's very, very simple and easy to learn, and it's much easier than the GUI once you get a hold of it. Stuff that seemed impossible to do in the GUI is very doable using JASS. That's all I can say :)

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I personally like more We.

---------
Why?
---------

Because i once maked map called Durotar Wars.The map was super!And I saw that moment on net WEU.I download him,installed him and i saved my map in We,then open in WEU.Done the doodads thing and ERROR,map corrupted and my map has gone to doom....

----------
Suggestion
----------

Do not use WEU,it can harm your map even your Computer (harmed mine)...

Well,if you don't belive me,download it and try it out yourself...

S

Sims_Doc

And just How dose it harm your Computer? hay?? i would like to known how it dose not just Say it HARMS YOUR COMPUTER duh i known that how????

Give me a something to work with!

Knatten

Reaction score
I personally like more We.

---------
Why?
---------

Because i once maked map called Durotar Wars.The map was super!And I saw that moment on net WEU.I download him,installed him and i saved my map in We,then open in WEU.Done the doodads thing and ERROR,map corrupted and my map has gone to doom....

----------
Suggestion
----------

Do not use WEU,it can harm your map even your Computer (harmed mine)...

Well,if you don't belive me,download it and try it out yourself...

Uhm, no it doesn't, I have used WEU for a year but now i use NewGen, and WEU worked perfectly... but it's true that if you save a map in WEU you can't open it in normal WE.

quraji

zap
Reaction score
It doesn't harm your computer, it harms maps. Many people complain of not only incompatibility, but also WEU corrupting their maps.

In the end, it's up to the person creating the map if they want to take the risk or not. If you do decide to use WEU, all I can say is you should back up your map frequently.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Why are we still having this argument? Look at what AceHart said:
He's right though.
WEU is 1. crap, 2. outdated.

If you're serious about mapping for wc3, learn JASS.
Once you do, you won't need WEU anymore.

It's perfectly possible to make a great map in GUI only.
It's perfectly possible to make a great map in pure JASS.
Though, on the other hand, it's equally perfectly possible to make a crappy map in both GUI and JASS.
Argument over. Go get JASS NewGen.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
What's with the increased amount of "Threadomancers" at TheHelper? Some guy brought back 4 year old posts and a lot of people seem to be digging quite a while backwards in the thread list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.