Xrpg

H

hey its X

I'll get right to it. You all know Defi4nc3's ORPG, how it restored the glory of warcraft RPGs. Since the RPG contest got extended, I decided to make my own lil' defi4nc3 semi-clone. Its got over head damage, (and stavious, I fixed the revive from my other rpg :D ) Its not going to have races, because that will involve more triggering than I can handle. It will include spellbooks, like defiance's.

I've changed it up a bit, I didnt get very far on the last map so there is still time. I'm drawing abilities from two games, WoW, and Guild Wars.
the map is now 320x320 I think, and its optimized so the map size is relatively low. the Starting area is still a forest, but far east of it is a large rift, or giant non meteor made crater. That, is where the monster hunting and mad l00tz aspect of the game kicks in. :eek:
Currently re-vamping terrain, making the game screenshot-worthy :D

Classes:

Melee:

Gladiator
Fighter
Champion
Brute
Paladin

Ranged:

Ranger
Hunter
Bard
Chemist

Magic:

Necromancer
Wizard
Mage
Dark Mage
Chronomancer

Stealth:

Rogue
Assasin
Thief

Support:

Cleric
Priest
Enchantress

That about sums it up for now, I'll try to get some screenies goin. :D

X
Need a new save/load code, chocobo's loads other player's characters.
my.php
[/URL][/IMG] more screenies soon.

"A few Gnolls hiding in nearby trees to attack passersby"

if anyone wants to beta test, contact THU-Xanith on Azeroth.

P

Pawnable

Erm, well, this sounds like an interesting RPG...
But I really dislike Defi4nc3's ORPG ... he creates too many versions... I already deleted around 20 of his maps...
I suggest you take out the referance to him... some people have grudges also you know. ;)
Good luck on the map.
I look foward to playing a new ORPG... (lets not hope this is a failure/fake?)

Suggestions:
Unholy Keeper - Specializes in undead arts. Can summon skeletons to assist the Keeper in battle.
Guardsman - Specializes in swords and other melee weapons. A former footman that took place in the Lordaeron War.
Elven Bladesman - Specializes in double-headed curved blades. An elven warrior that assited many armies in battles.

H

hey its X

It won't be, My motto for this map is: Defiance brought us the good feel of action RPGs into warcraft, I'm here to reinforce it. and, I wont make a zillion versions or make people pay for suggestions, but I'm VERY picky :)

P

Pawnable

Good. Your's > Defi4nc3's - I hope?
What is the percentage of the map thats complete?

H

hey its X

I just started a few days ago but basic terrain is done, and the first dungeon is almost complete. still buggy though.

a good 15% is done, but thats with current hero's, more might be added.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> The Main area is a large elven forest, where you'll be fighting off trolls and such.
:rolleyes: :p

what i'd like to see are some nice triggered spells...either get them from wc3sear.ch or wc3c, but for god's sake dont use the warcraft's original. they suck.

also some nice and interesting quests. prefferably puzzles...what i hate about Defi4nc3's is that the point of the game is mostly mindless killing until you get max level so that you can start all over again :rolleyes:

P

Pawnable

MORE suggestions

Abilities//

Shield Bash (Original Ability: Bash) - Has a certain chance of bashing your enemy with a shield and doing extra damage, stunning the enemy for - seconds.

Throw Javelin (Original Ability: Storm Bolt) - Throws a long forked spear towards the enemy doing damage and stunning.

Teleport (Original Ability: Blink) - Teleports a short distance; a great spell to escape from mobs.

Mullit

Reaction score
no offence or anyrhing pawnable but those arent actually ideas. those are just original blizz spells with different names.

H

hey its X

yes, but with the right effects, the entire spell could be changed. :D so give a little credit.

P

Pawnable

Thanks X for the rep.. but I am collecting -rep. See my Location. =(

P

Pawnable

Mullit said:
no offence or anyrhing pawnable but those arent actually ideas. those are just original blizz spells with different names.

Do you want me to post long ass JASS triggers that will take a long time to copy? I don't think so, bro. (Get a life!)

H

hey its X

Pawnable said:
Do you want me to post long ass JASS triggers that will take a long time to copy? I don't think so, bro. (Get a life!)

if you have JASS spells, heck yeah.

S

Solidarity

nice, if you need any ideas of whatever, just PM me or find me on AIM as SolidusSollus or whatever

Any clue on what type of item system you'd be implementing?

N

Nezgibs

you mentioned u think the map is 320x320, how is this possible i thought it only extended to 256x256?

H

hey its X

A nice lil' tool called world editor unlimited lets you make the map size all the way up to 480x480 if you want. :D

N

Nezgibs

oh...that thing......doesnt everyone in the game need WEU aswell to be able to play it tho?

Knights

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
WEU doesn't let you go above the limit.

It merely lets you stretch the map farther then the limits, but you still must stay under the limit of 65536 "grids" or "pixels". So you can do a...say...200x312 map, and that would be 62k grids, and that would be fine for WEU, but not WE normally, the max they would let you stretch it would be 62x256, while WEU lets you stretch it up to 420, or 480, I can't remember.

Knights :cool:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun
      • tom_mai78101
        The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.