A pile of questions

Kenoriga

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
:confused: :confused: :confused: A list of questions that I have currently... :confused: :confused: :confused:

1. I gave a neutral extra unit (my ally) the ability to cast Cyclone on enemy ground units, but it never did so. I made it its default active ability, but to no avail. Why? :confused:

2. Another neutral extra unit with the ability to cast Heal on friendly units. It won't do so when given the order to attack enemy units(I think so). It will heal if auto-acquiring enemies. Anyway to make it heal even if given orders to attack? :confused:

3. I have 4 different towers. All are supposed to be able to do AOE damage, "Combat - Attack 1 - Area of Effect..." but only one of them does so. Maximum number of targets have been set to 10 to all targets. How come? :confused:

4. There is a hero tavern.
    Code:
    Limitation and Food
        Events
            Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
        Conditions
            ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
        Actions
            Player - Limit training of Heroes to 1 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
            Player - Add 6 to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Food cap
            Neutral Building - Remove (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) from all marketplaces
    This trigger should limit training of heroes to 1 for each player. Does the trigger allow the same hero for different players? If I do "pointbreak", I can select 2 different heroes for one player if I am fast enough, how do I prevent it? :confused:

5. Bash ability always uses the "slam" animation. Without triggers, you cannot change the animation it does, am I right in saying so? :confused:

6. This isn't really of importance, but I realised that some abilities allow you to quickly cast and do another order almost simultaneously without finishing the spell animation. Is there anyway to make the hero finish his animation before moving on to the next order? :confused:

7. This is somehow like the above question. I had another thread for this question, but since I have solved about most of the problems on that thread, the last question I am still having problems with is this: The Tauren Chieftan's slam animation goes only halfway for a certain ability. Any help? :confused:

8. Ancient of Wind's morph animation; "Animation - Play (Triggering Unit)'s morph animation" doesn't work!? :confused:

All help appreciated! :D :D

Rep for help. ^.^<3

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
1. I gave a neutral extra unit (my ally) the ability to cast Cyclone on enemy ground units, but it never did so. I made it its default active ability, but to no avail. Why?
What kind of neutral is it? If neutral you mean computer, then you can try ordering it by trigger. If you mean hostile, trigger too. if you mean Passive, they don't attack.

2. Another neutral extra unit with the ability to cast Heal on friendly units. It won't do so when given the order to attack enemy units(I think so). It will heal if auto-acquiring enemies. Anyway to make it heal even if given orders to attack?
Again, what kind of neutral are we talking about?

3. I have 4 different towers. All are supposed to be able to do AOE damage, "Combat - Attack 1 - Area of Effect..." but only one of them does so. Maximum number of targets have been set to 10 to all targets. How come?
Try Splash Damage as attack type, or give it a Barrage ability (attacks X units at a time)

4. There is a hero tavern.

Code:
Limitation and Food
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Neutral Building - Remove (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) from all marketplaces

This trigger should limit training of heroes to 1 for each player. Does the trigger allow the same hero for different players? If I do "pointbreak", I can select 2 different heroes for one player if I am fast enough, how do I prevent it?
I forgot how to do this one exactly, but i think it goes somewhere along the lines of "Limit - Amount of unit type HERO to 1 for all players" something like that.

5. Bash ability always uses the "slam" animation. Without triggers, you cannot change the animation it does, am I right in saying so?
Go to the ability editor, check the effect your ability "Bash" uses, and change the animation in effect.

8. Ancient of Wind's morph animation; "Animation - Play (Triggering Unit)'s morph animation" doesn't work!?
Are you sure that's its animation? Try other animations, also, what event are you using?

Kenoriga

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
What kind of neutral is it? If neutral you mean computer, then you can try ordering it by trigger. If you mean hostile, trigger too. if you mean Passive, they don't attack.

Again, what kind of neutral are we talking about?
Neutral Extra. + Wouldn't "Default active ability" make it cast Cyclone automatically?

Try Splash Damage as attack type, or give it a Barrage ability (attacks X units at a time)
I will try it.

Go to the ability editor, check the effect your ability "Bash" uses, and change the animation in effect.
I don't think it works if I put "attack" as the animation name. It still uses the slam animation.

Are you sure that's its animation? Try other animations, also, what event are you using?

Begins channeling an ability. Think root, without actually rooting(cause I don't want to place the "building"). Looks unnatural if you get the alternated rooted animation immediately without morphing.

+REP:)

esb

Reaction score
Neutral Extra. + Wouldn't "Default active ability" make it cast Cyclone automatically?
I don't think it will work if it's not hostile or Computer controlled

I don't think it works if I put "attack" as the animation name. It still uses the slam animation.
I meant animation model

Begins channeling an ability. Think root, without actually rooting(cause I don't want to place the "building"). Looks unnatural if you get the alternated rooted animation immediately without morphing.
Oh, i remember now, not completely though; I think in Animation names or something like that, you have to put "Alternate" and then it will work, somewhere like that. look at the building, and the uprooted model and check differences with Art section, you can also try to see in the Demon Hunter's Art section (since it morphs)

Kenoriga

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I don't think it will work if it's not hostile or Computer controlled
The unit which can heal would heal though. Is it because "Heal" is an autocast ability and Cyclone is not?

I meant animation model
There isn't any animation model for bash. The nearest thing is the "Stunned" buff.

Oh, i remember now, not completely though; I think in Animation names or something like that, you have to put "Alternate" and then it will work, somewhere like that. look at the building, and the uprooted model and check differences with Art section, you can also try to see in the Demon Hunter's Art section (since it morphs)
Hmm. The model is Ancient of Wind, and he has 2 morph animations, "Morph" and "morph alternate" (case sensitive). The ability he has is not to morph him into another unit like Demon Hunter, but a "Root" ability, that Entangles surrounding units. I would want him to show himself morphing into "alternate" form(the one which is rooted into ground) and morphing out from "alternate"(back into his normal standing animation). But "morph" is not the animation name I think. (or at least in triggers, since it works if you put it in "animation names" of the ability)

esb

Reaction score
The Demon Hunter morph and the uproot animations work the same, and have the same name.

There isn't any animation model for bash. The nearest thing is the "Stunned" buff.
It's in Effect.

The unit which can heal would heal though. Is it because "Heal" is an autocast ability and Cyclone is not?
Most likely, yeah. It might have to be autocast, but then maybe it will cast it non-stop?

Kenoriga

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Nothing is in art - effect for Bash. The problem is the hero always does his slam animation when Bash is in effect.

Both Demon Hunter and Ancient of Wind have the same animation name for morph and alternate... "Morph" "morph alternate"

But like I said, "Animation - Play (Triggering Unit)'s morph animation" doesn't work... ><

esb

Reaction score
Then i ran out of ideas on how to solve those problems >_<

Kenoriga

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
...Hmm. You gave me a great idea, I think.

I am going to try later on if "Morph"/"Metamorph" can be casted on heroes. If it can, I can save 2 abilities' morph animation.

If not, I guess I would have to do "Morph" for two different abilities and act as though they are "Channel" or something.

-----

I guess Bash will always take the slam animation.

Kershbob

Reaction score
Nothing is in art - effect for Bash. The problem is the hero always does his slam animation when Bash is in effect.

If you insert "attack" it will override the default which, even though you can't see it, is "attack slam"

warroom99

Reaction score
for question no. 4 i think you should just use the melee trigger
Code:
Mellee game - limit the training of all unit types of heroes to 1 for all players

For the 1 hero only even with Pointbreak

Code:
event
      units Sells a unit
condition
      Sold unit is a Hero equal to True
Action
       player - limit the training of hero to 0 for (Owner of (Sold Unit))
It's something like that.. i don't have my World editor right now..

Ryuu

I am back with Chocolate (:
Reaction score
> I gave a neutral extra unit (my ally) the ability to cast Cyclone on enemy ground units, but it never did so. I made it its default active ability, but to no avail. Why?

Basically, two ways. Firstly, is to use esb's method. If it belongs to Neutral Passive, well, Neutral Passive don't attack, so...

If it belongs to Neutral Hostile, use this trigger action:
Code:
Unit - Order [Unit] to [Ability] [Point or Unit Target]

> Another neutral extra unit with the ability to cast Heal on friendly units. It won't do so when given the order to attack enemy units(I think so). It will heal if auto-acquiring enemies. Anyway to make it heal even if given orders to attack?

Okay, so what Neutral type are you talking about?

> I have 4 different towers. All are supposed to be able to do AOE damage, "Combat - Attack 1 - Area of Effect..." but only one of them does so. Maximum number of targets have been set to 10 to all targets. How come?

Use the ability "Barrage". :p

> There is a hero tavern.
Code:
Limitation and Food
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions

This trigger should limit training of heroes to 1 for each player. Does the trigger allow the same hero for different players? If I do "pointbreak", I can select 2 different heroes for one player if I am fast enough, how do I prevent it?

If you are fast enough, you can select 2 different heroes? Let me guess.. I'm not really so sure about this, why not add an action Wait 0.00 seconds after the action Player - Limit training of Heroes to 1 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))?

My computer limit is over now, I'll edit the post some other time, bye for now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.