Custom Building

M

Morlemagne

On my map i have a custom building that i'm making, and i used the "Cathedral" doodad for the building model. I scaled the building down so that, once built, the cathedral is about as big as a town hall. My problem: Everytime i try to make the building with a peasant, the transparent-blue outline of the building for when i select where to build it, is the normal size of the cathedral doodad. But, once i select my build space the building itself is the size i want it. Any ideas?

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think that can be changed, but I'll have a look in the unit editor to see if any relevant field exists (not confident though).

M

Morlemagne

I tried making a custom doodad of a cathedral, and then scaling the doodad down to the size i wanted, but when i tried to change my building's model file to the new doodad, it was unable to locate the doodad, and i have no idea where it is stored to locate the custom path myself.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Did you make sure that the building model string you entered did NOT have a .mdl or .mdx extension?

The string you type in should be:

Doodads\Cityscape\Structures\Cathedral\Cathedral

M

Morlemagne

well the path you gave me is of the original cathedral, right? when i create a custom doodad, say it was called "Church", and i used the cathedral model file for "Church", what then would be my path if i wanted to use Church? And i was also thinking that this might be wasteful if i have to use the actual model file, and that making a new scaled-dopwn doodad won't help me.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh i think i get it, you're asking about how to place your custom doodad into your map right?

Just right-click on your custom doodad and select "select in tool palette".

Don't worry about being "wasteful" making new custom objects, the editor can handle up to some 12,000 customs altogether.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.