Custom script: add lightning error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetrix91

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
okay im really annoyed with this.... i have a trigger with the 3 actions
Trigger:
  • Custom script: call AddLightningEx("CLPB", true, GetLocationX(udg_Light_Start_Point), GetLocationY(udg_Light_Start_Point), 290, GetLocationX(udg_Light_End_Point), GetLocationY(udg_Light_End_Point), 30)
    • Set Storm_Charge_Lightning[(Integer A)] = (Last created lightning effect)
    • Lightning - Destroy Storm_Charge_Lightning[(Integer A)]

and this trigger is working perfectly fine (i removed some action beetween the actions)

and so i wanted to create one more lightning effect with height so i made an trigger with following actions
Trigger:
  • Custom script: call AddLightningEx("DRAM", true, GetLocationX(udg_Dark_Start_Point), GetLocationY(udg_Dark_Start_Point), 290, GetLocationX(udg_Dark_End_Point), GetLocationY(udg_Dark_End_Point), 30)
    • Set Tower_Charge_Lightning[(Integer A)] = (Last created lightning effect)
    • Lightning - Destroy Tower_Charge_Lightning[(Integer A)]

but on the exact same action just with other variables i get an error saying "Expected a name".... why does one get an error while the other doesnt?+ can someone please explain to me a little about how this custom script lightning action works...

Zetrix91

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
use GUI for everything possible or use jass newhen (p.s. This should be in Jass help)

blablabla

post if u can help dont come here and order me to use newgen

seriously im a noob okay but this forum [del]sux[/del] is totally cool, nobody helps anymore.. just saying newgen vJass blablabla.... i dont [del]fucking[/del] pretend to care can someone help me with my problem or not

Swears edited out.
~Daxtreme

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
if you think this forum sux find another, and if you are noob, that doesnt mean you shouldnt use newgen. Original editor doesnt work with jass, so try to listen to what people say.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
seriously im a noob okay but this forum sux, nobody helps anymore.. just saying newgen vJass blablabla.... i dont fucking care can someone help me with my problem or not

Honestly, if you want help here that is a VERY bad start !!!!!
Why are you saying that you don't get help here, you made a thread here before asking the exact same thing, and there were many replies to it. (Counting me :p)

It's just that you might not have come to a conclusion there, and that's why you BUMP your threads, instead of making a new one with the same issue...

Now, let's get to your probolem (Yet again...)

First, could you please state the exact error you're getting, and also the whole trigger, and state which line the error is pointing to. (This is because sometimes Jasshelper will point to a line with an error, but it's actually another line that has the actual error XD)

Then, also make sure that all of the variables used there are "Point" variables...

Then, if that doesn't work, we'll help you more...

(And please, don't EVER say that this forum "sux", because it definately don't since it has helped me incredibly much during the years I've been using it :D Thanks TheHelper.net :D:D)

Zetrix91

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
well im 80% done with my map, i dont know how u operate or what newgen do and i dont want to learn how to use newgen/vJass and stuff when im almost finnished.. if i [del]fuck[/del] mess with this map up all the hard work will go to waste, if for example newgen alters my GUI coding and i dont understand [del]shit[/del] anything about my own functions
im kinda screwd.. why isnt there a noobs guide to newgen with information about what newgen does with your map/functions... and is newgen an addon to the WE or is it a totally different program and u dont need to go into World Editor ever again? i cant find any understandable information about newgen for a noob such as myself so please either get me some understandable information about newgen, help me without newgen or [del]stfu[/del] don't post plz..

there.... i just gave u the story of my life, read it if u want

Swears edited.
~Daxtreme

Komaqtion

Reaction score
i dont know how u operate or what newgen do and i dont want to learn how to use newgen/vJass and stuff when im almost finnished..

Well, there is one problem, why are you not willing to try to do that ? :S

And also, Newgen will not only provide vJASS, it'll also help GUI'ers by providing some actions, and it'll also do some stuff with e.g terraining as it'll "remove" the destructible limit and such...
You don't have to learn how to use Newgen, it'll just be very helpful having it around ;)

if i fuck this map up all the hard work will go to waste, if for example newgen alters my GUI coding and i dont understand shit about my own functions

Newgen will not mix with your codes at all...

why isnt there a noobs guide to newgen with information about what newgen does with your map/functions...

Basically because there's not really anything to learn about it...
It's just World Editor, with some extra features which you'll learn in time.

and is newgen an addon to the WE or is it a totally different program and u dont need to go into World Editor ever again?

It's an application which uses WE as a base, and just build up on it...
You won't be using the normal WE anymore, but Newgen WE has the exact same stuff as the normal one, with some extra ;)

i cant find any understandable information about newgen for a noob such as myself so please either get me some understandable information about newgen, help me without newgen or stfu plz..

"Get me some information"...
That sounded like a command to me...
We aren't your slaves here you know, just search around the forums ( TheHelper.net, WC3C.net, and HiveWorkshop.com ) and I'm sure you'll find something :D

there.... i just gave u the story of my life, read it if u want

I have :p

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
1st of all, you cant say whats helpfull or what isnt if you are hostile to everyone, who tries to say somthing. 2nd, i told you to use newgen, cause otherways you wont be able to use JASS 3rd, i wasnt talking to you lol

u say i got many replies on the previos post? i got one and that was u Komaqtion.. well i fixed it myself without this forums help or newgens so bb..
i actually love this forum myself, i just nerdrage since i havent gotten any help on my 999 previous posts and i had to figure it out myself or just throwing the idea out + a little retarded fellow called crazyfanatic saying some shit that doesnt help at all, i dont see why he even bothers using his time on posting when it doesnt do him or me any good
I just tried to help, you are too conservative. And if you expect help immediately, sorry, but we arent computers.

Komaqtion

Reaction score
u say i got many replies on the previos post? i got one and that was u Komaqtion..

Ok, yeah XD
Didn't check :p

well i fixed it myself without this forums help or newgens so bb..

Mind posting the fix ? :eek:

okay u are actually very helpful =) thank you!

Thanks, that's atleast what I'm trying to be :D

but btw what is vJass?

vJASS is almost like an "addon" to JASS, though not like normal addons, vJASS just does stuff which all can be done in regular JASS, but it looks better, and is ALOT easier to do it vJASS ;)

and can u give me a link to a functioning newgen with vJass and such and ill try it out :p

Well, Newgen can be found here:
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=90999

And it already includes vJASS, though not in it's most up-to-date form...
To update it, go here:
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=88142

And cope everything in that .7zip file into the Jass Newgen Pack\jasshelper folder ;)
(And of course overwrite everything it wants to :D)

Then, Jasshelper has it's very own manual (Written by Vexorian, the maker :D)
http://www.wc3c.net/vexorian/jasshelpermanual.html

But, I think It's both too long, and also not soo well written...

Here are some other tutorials (You'd better start with the "Normal JASS" ones, as it's the basic concept of vJASS):
Normal JASS
Normal JASS
Normal JASS
vJASS

And here's a REALLY good vJASS tutorial (In my own oppinion :p):
http://www.eeve.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=2538

I'll try to get permission to copy it, and I'll submit it here on theherlpe.net actually :D

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Zetrix91,

You will stop swearing and flaming other members now, or face immediate consequences. I hope this was the last swear you post, for you too.

You will also stop spamming. These forums have a rule which you didn't read that states thread bumps are limited to once every 24 hours. Again, you will stop that now.

crazyfanatic, the same applies for you as far as bumping is concerned.

Edit your posts instead of posting again.

Consider this your only warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.