Half Life 2 error 1334

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
This is my friends accout, but I have recently bought a copy of half-life2, and it wont install! On disk 2 it gives me an error, 1334, the shared_source_files could not be something something someting, but who cares. Any way, it has really started to tick me off, and if anyone has any one any suggestions please tell me.

(IVE PUT 10 HRS INTO THIS DARN PROBLEM AND EVEN REFORMATTED MY HARD DRIVE/GOT A NEW SET OF CD'S :banghead: )

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
find the whole error, and type it into google or a search engine. Usually this is the best way to find an answer to your solution, considering many of us have not even played HL2

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
he's done that..and it comes up w/ about 4 full pages of pages of forums where people have had the same problem...and no one gives the same answer, so i told him he could post here to see if anyone knew what he was talking about

Logical_1

Advisor
Reaction score
Well then at the very least, post the full text of the error rather than "it was something like..."

S

shadowboy607

realm's suck

Someone help me with diablo2 expantion set my realms are scrooed up i could relly love it if someone helped me with this problem!

S

shadowboy607

realm's suck

shadowboy607 said:
Someone help me with diablo2 expantion set my realms are scrooed up i could relly love it if someone helped me with this problem!
!!

K

Krikri20

Error 1334 when installing HL2

I've got the same problem, and this is the error message in full:
"Error 1334. The file 'hl2.ico1' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file 'hl24.cab'. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the cd-rom, or a problem with the package."
Just bought the dvd, and tried to install from a newly formatted computer. Anyone know whats up?

krikri

I

indierocker

NiKEUS said:
install cs source and it will install np

yea but how do you choose to install source? i have the same prob and can't find the option to install both :-(

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
instead of installing with Cd get steam steampowered.com and enter ur cd key and u ca play!

P

Paliente

I was getting this error for ages and ages. You MUST install all options including steam and CS:S even if you already have steam on your hdd. Its a pain in the ass i know but it will work after that.

All the options should be available when you first install the program.

P

Paliente2

Paliente said:
I was getting this error for ages and ages. You MUST install all options including steam and CS:S even if you already have steam on your hdd. Its a pain in the ass i know but it will work after that.

All the options should be available when you first install the program.

Just to finish off this. To get it to work, you will have to re-install everything over the top of the installed programs. Either uninstall or just re-install everything from scratch.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.