I have a few questions.

S

Sam56

'' :) Hi! im new here! ''

Hi I just have a few questions about the war3 THT world editor. Im new to it, so im making a custom game. OK 1)How do i change wat the units shoot? like on this one game (Matrix sidelines) A shaman was throwing rocket-propeled missles.(I wonder if that makes sence.......O well)And I was wondering how to do this. 2) How do I make it so that a player loses when a cirtain building is destoryed? Like on 1 game (prescholl shodown) Once a teams orc fortress was destroed, the team lost. I was wondering how to do this. 3)How can I make a unit a diffrent collor? Like on 1 game (prescholl shodown again) A rifleman was green 4) How do I make a Unit Larger or Smaller Than it normally is????? Like on 1 game (prescholl shodown AGAIN) The Green Rifleman was tiny
5) How do I make locked teams so that players 1-6 HAD to be on team 1 an players 7-12 HAD to be on team 2????
Ok so ANY HELP WANTED.Who knows? when this is big your name might be on the title screen.

Sam56

S

Sam56

'':) Hi! Im new here!''

Oh 2 more questions. 1)How do I make it so that the players get Gold/Lumber over time? 2) How do I set the starting amount of gold/lumber????

Ok remember, If you know 1 answer to ANY of these questions, TELL ME. please??????:D

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
First off, welcome to world of map-making!

Next let me say that, while the TFT editor is extremely powerful, the downside to that is that it can be very difficult to learn for those who have little to no programming experience.

There is a certain amount of time you should spend at first just simply looking through the editor and seeing everything it has to offer. Click on all the menus at the top and investigate all the options in those menus. Look through the object editor, and get an idea of what sorts of things are contained in there. Open one (or more) blizzard maps in the editor just to see what a completed map looks like with all the triggers and stuff. Fiddle, fiddle, fiddle basically.

1) Unit editor - take a look at one of the towers or ranged units and look at the fields starting with 'combat'. You'll see that one of those fields allows you to specify what the unit/tower can shoot.

2) Well you could try downloading the code I have in the free trigger code thread, that will give you a good hint.

3) Unit editor - browse through the 'art' fields, and look for the field specifying team colour.

4) Unit editor - browse through the 'art' fields, and look for scaling value.

5) Go into the scenario menu and click on force properties. Check custom forces. Add a new force. Stick players 1-6 in one force and 7-12 in the other. If you can't figure out how to add players, look in scenario -> player properties.

6) Aha, this needs to be done using triggers.

Events
Time - Every 20.00 seconds of game time

Actions
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Add 50 to (Picked player) Current gold)
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Add 50 to (Picked player) Current lumber)

7) triggers again:

Events
Map initialization

Actions
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Set (Picked player) Current gold to 750)
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Set (Picked player) Current lumber to 750)

Just remember, if you have had a muck around and seen what sorts of things the editor can do, then it shouldn't be too hard to figure out what I have said above. Having said that, feel free to post back with further questions.

S

Sam56

Wow thanx. Your right I have Very Little prgaming ability. (Im only a kid:D )

S

Sam56

Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Add 50 to (Picked player) Current gold)

So do i type this in the trigger editing box?

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Not quite, have a hunt through the actions list for those actions starting with 'player group', you should find something saying 'pick every player and do...'. Press 'p' to jump down to the P section of the action list instantly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.