World Japan: Doctor punches patient in the stomach after his third visit to ER in one night

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Doctors are generally regarded more highly by society than the rest of us schlubs, and rightly so: they bring us into this world, sometimes guide us out of it, and all the while in between they do their best to keep us alive.

But of course doctors are just people too, and they’re prone to the same vices and character flaws that anyone might have. For example, one MD at a hospital in Aomori Prefecture let his short temper show recently when he punched a patient in the gut during a late night visit.

But was the doc just a hothead? Or was this particular patient just so obnoxious that the assault was warranted?

Although the details have only recently come to light, the incident is reported to have occurred one night in early August this year. At about midnight one evening, a male patient entered Mutsu City General Hospital in Aomori complaining of a pain in his elbow. He was promptly examined by a doctor and sent home, only to return at 1:30am—this time arriving by ambulance—telling the hospital staff he had another pain, this time in his abdomen.

Again the man was checked over and sent on his way, but only two and a half hours later, another ambulance drove up to the hospital with the same man sitting in the back.

Read more here. (Rocket News)

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I just noticed how these little article excerpts stop me from reading the real article. I read the whole thing over on Reddit because after clicking the title to find out more, I was directed to the article. But on TheHelper, I'm given this little except that tricks me into feeling like I've read the article when I've mostly just read a headline.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
The doctor should have been yours.
By the way, I am surprised your sentence was grammatically correct this time.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Maybe cause I'm feeling great and not tired at all!!?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.