Leak Check not working

mastah_

Reaction score
I just dled Leak Check tried opening and it says its stopped working (vista's usual message when it hates something :p)

tried running as admin running compatable with winxp
anyone else having problems with Leak check with vista or in general coz i'd like to use it coz a map i made is laggy and supposedly this does the trick :)

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
I just dled Leak Check tried opening and it says its stopped working (vista's usual message when it hates something :p)

tried running as admin running compatable with winxp
anyone else having problems with Leak check with vista or in general coz i'd like to use it coz a map i made is laggy and supposedly this does the trick :)

Just try to post the code, much more effective.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Leak Checker hasn't seen an update in ages. (And should never have seen the light to begin with)

The best leak checker can be found between your keyboard and your chair.
Along with a memory leak tutorial.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Leak Checker hasn't seen an update in ages. (And should never have seen the light to begin with)

The best leak checker can be found between your keyboard and your chair.
Along with a memory leak tutorial.

That's to say, instead of using a crutch (Leak Check), just learn how to do it yourself. It's much better that way :D

TfauxT

Reaction score
If your having leak problems in your map, examine your triggers for any functions or calls that:

1) use a global variable without having udg added to its name (custom script)
2)use or add units to a group without a unit group variable

Those are primarily the only huge concerns with leaks (as far as I know)

I humbly post this reply, my knowledge of triggering is only average so if something is incorrect please make me aware.:rolleyes:

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Actually, the most common leak is the point leak. When you don't use a variable to refer to a point (usually Center of X), it creates a memory leak. Just set a point variable to that point just before the action, event, or condition that references it, replace Center of X with the variable, and then after that bit of code, remove the variable. It should look something like this:

Code:
Actions
     Set PointLeaks to Center of Region X
     Create 1 Footman at PointLeaks [instead of center of region X] for Player 1(Red) facing default building degrees
     Custom Script:  call RemoveLocation(udg_PointLeaks)

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
and also think about how often the trigger runs: a trigger that's used for slideing and has multiple point leaks every like .01 seconds is a lot worse then one that only runs once, fix those triggers first

mastah_

Reaction score
well it just lags when music is changes ... might just be me (tho highly unlikey as its good) so was wonderin if leak check could help ... my code is as follows :
Code:
Init
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Unit - Add Ghost (Visible) to (Picked unit))
        Hero - Disable experience gain for Blademaster 0003 <gen>
        Camera - Apply Camera 001 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
        Cinematic - Turn on letterbox mode (hide interface) for (All players): fade out over 360.00 seconds
        Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
        Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to Shade 0005 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
        Sound - Play SadMystery <gen>

AND

...well this ones the main one but its also in abig trigger... but it has waits but in the section of music change its :
Code:
Decision 2
    Events
        Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for Decision
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Clicked dialog button) Equal to Run
            Then - Actions
                Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
                Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Footman 0000 <gen> named Doogle: Play No sound and display I sure did! Lets le....  Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
                Wait 2.00 seconds
                Unit - Set Blademaster 0003 <gen> movement speed to 350.00
                Unit - Set Footman 0001 <gen> movement speed to 340.00
                Unit - Set Footman 0000 <gen> movement speed to 340.00
                Unit - Order Blademaster 0003 <gen> to Move To (Center of Region 007 <gen>)
                Unit - Order Footman 0000 <gen> to Move To (Center of Region 021 <gen>)
                Unit - Order Shade 0005 <gen> to Move To (Center of Region 023 <gen>)
                Unit - Order Footman 0001 <gen> to Move To (Center of Region 022 <gen>)
                Sound - Play PursuitTheme <gen>

[COLOR="Red"]...(farther down the trigger after a wait of 3 secs)[/COLOR]
                                Unit - Order Blademaster 0003 <gen> to Attack Priest 0007 <gen>
                Wait 3.00 seconds
                Sound - Reset all volume channels to 100%
                Sound - Play SEF <gen>

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.