Legion TD - Alternatives

Lyzet

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I just joined theese forums 5 minutes ago, been following and reading for ... 3 years now? yeah.

And now i finally made an account.

Anyways, my first post is about one of my absolute favorite games in warcraft 3.

Legion TD War.

And since i have been following up on the new maker (version 2+) and his comments on the future of the project, it dissapoints me to find out that hes quitting.

So i actually have 2 questions to ask.

Will anyone be interested in picking it up you think?

And

Why is Legion TD War the only map with that concept? i mean come on, towers that comes to live, with waves of enemies? amazing there aint 1000 of different maps with this concept- like hero defenses, and other tower defenses.

Since i have the most incredible ideas and last but not least, a mindblowing imagination, im more than happy to help out with ideas or thoughts if anyone attempts to do this, aswell as im all in for testing-

I don't have any real experience or skills in making maps myself, thats why i havent figured to make one yet.

And if it was possible to make one by myself with only a month training in world editor, i would do it, but something strange tells me that those guys havent learned what they do in 1 month.

Thanks for reading! feedback and comments please!

Lyzet.

PS. I'm not completely sure this was the right forum, since it says "help", but didnt figure where else to put it.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
First of all: Welcome to the helper Danish friend:) You might need to post some info about the map, I for one havent ever played Legion TD (as far as I remember), so I would appriciate some info before accepting anything ;)

(Youtube video, link to map or similar)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well, there are many things to say:
1). wc3 is a pretty old game, there arent as many people interested in playing this game as it used to be.

2). most of the old pro map makers have quit already because of the above point and starcraft 2.

3). making a new map is pretty easy, making a good new map is alot of hard work and takes months which most people just dont want to spend for something small and pointless like a wc3 map (look at point 1)

4). a map like legion td wouldnt be that hard compared to other game types, what will be incredible hard is the balancing, thats were the fun ends.

5). new maps mostly havent gotten any chance to get popular because of the big old standard maps which are mass hosted.

i'd say, try it. will be pretty hard. alot of work. but if you show some staying power and enthusiasm for the editor you could finish that map in less then 4 months. whether you find some good team mates in this forum is hard to say, you can see the members project forum is slowly dieing out, the few projects which are hosted every now and then get only little attention though many of them are really decent made masterpieces.

think twice about it.

Lyzet

Reaction score
X-maul: Thank you :) http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=legion+td&aq=f <--

The map is pretty simple, yet can be hard.
You start off with 3 buildings. Greathall - Creep 1 - Creep 2

Greathall lets you buy workers to harvest lumber for you.
+ thats where you can upgrade your team's king's HP,DMG,REGEN

Lumber is also used to send creeps to the other team. (like every other map)

You have chosen a specific race, wich will grant you that race's builder.
This builder can build 6 different towers, and they have upgrades.
Every 30 seconds those towers will come to live, and attack the spawning waves of enemies wich gets stronger per round.

Every team has a king, that king can be upgraded to a certain point. When someone on the team leaks units, those units will go straight for your king.
If 1 on your team leaks, but the 3 others dont, the units they have left will then teleport to defend the king from the leaked units.

You have won when the opposition's king has been defeated.

Right now there are 30 levels to complete.

Hope i didnt forget any information.

Accname:

Yeah i agree and do know all those points given.
But warcraft 3 is still an old classic, and will keep being played.
Only thing that annoys me is that it has gotten overpumped by robots :I

Anyways, a whole new map isnt neccessary for me.

The main thing that is needed to further keep this concept alive is:

New levels (maybe more than 30 levels? sure!)
New races
A few more towers
Maybe some new terrain (winther,lava... etc)

Just anything to not get to the point where it starts to get boring, i have played it about 5-10 times a day for a month now, and im not bored yet, but if that day comes, i would love to have a version with some extra or new stuff to explore, or a whole new map with the same... style of play.

Those shouldnt be too hard to do, ofcourse races, levels etc do have alot to do with balancing aswell.

Some whole new maps with the same concept would be awesome too, but i pointed out that its not needed neccessarily yet.

Thanks for your replies!

Lyzet.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Honestly, dude, if you can get an unprotected version, go for it! I can help you with anything you need, at all, just PM me anytime, I am actually editing and making maps right now, but still feel free to PM me about any spells, etc. that you want

Lyzet

Reaction score
Honestly, dude, if you can get an unprotected version, go for it! I can help you with anything you need, at all, just PM me anytime, I am actually editing and making maps right now, but still feel free to PM me about any spells, etc. that you want

I'm sorry, but i have to know if i heard this right...

You are an all-around warcraft map editor?

In that case, let me talk to the project leader and see if im allowed to get it!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.