Models

Astarael

Reaction score
I have a considerable amount of models for the WCIII World Editor, however, something is making me hit my head against a wall of bricks so to speak :banghead:

Anyone have any thoughts??
It keeps saying cannot load it, for example: could not load war3mapImported\earthlord.mdl

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
You will have to change the costum path to Textures\<yourfilename>.mdx

This will learn you everything you will need :D

here

Z

Zero Ame

You will have to change the costum path to Textures\<yourfilename>.mdx

This will learn you everything you will need :D

here

wtf... no you don't change it to textures/<filename>.mdx... mdx is a model, not a image!

try restarting the editor first and if it doesn't work change the path so its only the filename with nothing in front of it then restart the editor agian, should work.

If it doesn't, then you need to find the models correct path by either asking the models author or hexing it.

PooBucket

Reaction score
I think that's right, you probably do have to restart WE (Zero Ame's) cause when I imported something like that it wouldn't work But once I restarted WE it was correct.

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
try all these paths. change NightelfFemaleWar into the name of your model

NightelfFemaleWar.mdx
NightElfFemaleWar.BLP

textures/NightelfFemaleWar.mdx
textures/NightElfFemaleWar.BLP

NightelfFemaleWar.mdx
textures/NightElfFemaleWar.BLP

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Paths of the MDX do not matter.
(this was needed -.-)

They can even be "idiotic/stupid/doesntmatters/model.mdx" and it will work, IF you put the BLP paths correctly. The BLPs are all that matter ;).

You should have got instructions on the site from where you downloaded the models on how to set up the BLP paths.

D

Din333

Importing

All you need to make sure is that you convert your model file to .mdx if you havent already then you need to make sure that you have the .blp thing with it which i think is the skin. i mean a model with no skin is kinda pointless. But even then i have found that not all models work even if they do have everything and sometimes they only work half the time (which is weird).

Astarael

Reaction score
Much apreciated yall, i'l try converting my BLP file, i've got a converter right here.
I'l report back with my results in a sec.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.