Need Help Cant Install Diablo 2 Or Starcraft

S

Schmidt

Last night i tried to install diablo 2, i had just bought it. I get the message "Cannot save uninstall data file. Installation aborted." So i went to Blizzard Tech, their answer says to delete the
DIIunin.dat
DIIunin.exe
DIIunin
The problem is that these r the files that i cant install. The same thing happened after my starcraft crashed today while i was playin on b.net. I uninstalled then went to reinstall and right B4 it was finished it said "Unable to install SCunin.exe!!! I have windows XP on this computer. Someone PLZ help me!!

Joe

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Is this Windows XP Professional?

if so, do you have Administrator permississions on the computer?

S

Schmidt

No, I have home edition. And i am not administrator, but when i installed starcraft when i first got comp, i wasn't administrator and i had no problem installin.................

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
if its the home edition then everyone is an "administrator" (it doesn't have the same security features as the professional edition). I mention this because you would need administrative access to install software.

the files you need to delete are located in your Windows directory. Is that where you looked for them?

also make sure that your Windows directory is not set to "read only" (right-click on it in Explorer and choose Properties)

S

Schmidt

They are not on Read only

I made sure that the "read-only" was not on, aso i performed a search for these files. This is making me pretty mad. Thns for trying to help me.

[email protected] Joe

N

Nelson

Possibly.. your CD Rom could be dirty.. or scratched.. or your Drive could need a cleaning.

I recently Installed Windows XP(Professional) ... and Instalation of D2 and D2X both went smoothly. Gameplay Issues are non existant (aside from those incorporated into the game itself by Blizzard.. but those arent bugs.. they are Easter Eggs).

S

Schmidt

Well my disk is brand new and it has nothin on it. My computer is brand new, my drive dont need cleaning. I can do other stuff with it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.