"Please Insert Disk 4"

Catalyst

Reaction score
All right, so every time I try to install BF1942 on an old copy I bought years ago, I get this problem.

After I finish installing base 1942 - which is ALL I have - it says "please insert disk 4." If I click cancel, it deletes all of the 1942 data. I'm assuming Disk 4 is Road to Rome or Secret Weapons of WW2, but I DO NOT have either of those, so I literally couldn't insert Disk 4 if I wanted to.

I don't know what the problem is here, because I was playing the game fine yesterday. I've just gotten into it again after a few years and it was running on my old disk, but I had to reinstall Windows yesterday, and now reinstalling it has become an issue. I have a valid CD and CD key, I haven't torrented, cracked, or hacked anything: I don't know what to do.

I'm going to try and play with the InstallShield Wizard notification in the background for now, but I'm not sure if I can or how long that would even work. I need a permanent solution and I'm just hoping that people still browse this forum and can give me a heads up on what I might be able to do.

Thanks in advance!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.