Sci/Tech Police pull over self-driving Google car for doing 25mph in a 35mph zone

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
A Google self-driving car was pulled over Thursday for driving too slow near its headquarters in Mountain View, California.

According to the Mountain View Police Department (MVPD), an officer observed regular traffic slowing down on El Camino Real near Rengstorff Avenue.

That intersection is about 2.3 miles from Google’s headquarters.

The police wrote in a statement that the car was travelling 24mph in a 35mph zone.

Last edited by a moderator:

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
People who drives too slow on the fast lanes on the highways. (For endangering current traffic flow)
People who drives too slow on local roads. (For building up unnecessary traffic jams)
People who drives too slow due to mechanical issues. (Endangering nearby traffic)

It's just a bit rare, but it happens.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you are missing the point tom.

I guess the ticket goes directly to the google company. But I dont know what would happen if they dont pay up. Its not like the police can take away googles drivers license or something.

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The car is testing us to see how much it can get away with. It's already developed a sentience of its own...

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Lazy people know ways of getting around things efficiently. That car is probably learning how to be lazy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.