Problem with my screen when runing warcraft 3 - resolution/refresh rate

Y

yohay

Hi, im new to the forum here.
I have a problem with my screen whenever running wc3.
It goes black and sais "Input signal out of range"
I have an Nvidia Geforce7300 with 2gb of ram
3.2ghz cpu

The game itself works it's just a problem with my 20 inch wide screen.

You guys need anymore information just ask me. Thanks for the help!

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Well I had a similar problem, the screen would flash and go black and make a flicking noise. I fixed it by changing my screen resolution to 800x600 wich I believe is WCs proper resoultion... It worked for me..

Y

yohay

Well I had a similar problem, the screen would flash and go black and make a flicking noise. I fixed it by changing my screen resolution to 800x600 wich I believe is WCs proper resoultion... It worked for me..

My screen dosen't make a flicking noise and even though i change the resolution to 800/600 still doesn't work

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
Hi, im new to the forum here.
I have a problem with my screen whenever running wc3.
It goes black and sais "Input signal out of range"

In your "Display properties" > Settings (Tab) > Advanced (Button) > Monitor (Tab):

Check that the refresh rate is supported by your monitor for the resolution you selected. Consult your manual for that or start at this site (prad.de) and select your manufacturer and model. It should provide a link to the PDF data sheet.

Note that most flatscreens don't like values > 60Hz. Try lowering the refresh rate and/or screen resolution until you see a picture and the screen doesn't flicker too much.

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Are you changing the resolution/refresh rate of the Windows desktop, or of the game itself?

To reset the settings used by the game, if you can't get in to the game, when you can't actually get in to the game:

Start->Run -> type REGEDIT
Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER --> Software --> Blizzard Entertainment --> Warcraft III --> video

Find the entry for refreshrate and double click. Choose the "decimal" option to convert the number out of hex. Set this value to 60 (make sure you chose decimal!)

Find the entry for reswidth and double click. Choose the "decimal" option to convert the number out of hex. Set this value to 640 (make sure you chose decimal!)

Find the entry for resheight and double click. Choose the "decimal" option to convert the number out of hex. Set this value to 480 (make sure you chose decimal!)

Close Registry Editor.

Next time you run the game, it should have the most basic resolution and refresh rate settings, and then you can go in to the video options to select the nicest looking setup that works.

Y

yohay

Are you changing the resolution/refresh rate of the Windows desktop, or of the game itself?

To reset the settings used by the game, if you can't get in to the game, when you can't actually get in to the game:

Start->Run -> type REGEDIT
Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER --> Software --> Blizzard Entertainment --> Warcraft III --> video

Find the entry for refreshrate and double click. Choose the "decimal" option to convert the number out of hex. Set this value to 60 (make sure you chose decimal!)

Find the entry for reswidth and double click. Choose the "decimal" option to convert the number out of hex. Set this value to 640 (make sure you chose decimal!)

Find the entry for resheight and double click. Choose the "decimal" option to convert the number out of hex. Set this value to 480 (make sure you chose decimal!)

Close Registry Editor.

Next time you run the game, it should have the most basic resolution and refresh rate settings, and then you can go in to the video options to select the nicest looking setup that works.

OMG!!! I LOVE YOU!!!<3 <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)
your the best
thanks to every one who posted it means a lot to me
no more Friday night's alone :p just kidding.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.