Three Questions

U

Unregistered

I know these questions are simple, but I can't find the answers anywhere. BTW I use the RoC editor. Three questions. First: How do I get the computer player to show up as an opponent on the debriefing screen at the end of my single-player games? Second: How do I change quest requirements, mark them complete, etc. for any quest that was not the last one created? The only option I can get to change them is to change the last created quest. Third: How do I set victory conditions to where all the player has to do is destroy the enemy base? Thanks for helping an idiot out. Bye.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
1) You need to add the computer in a force to get it to show in the score screen. Scenario -> force properties

2) You need to store all your quests and quest requirements in variables/variable arrays. You'll find that there are variable types available for both. Marking a quest complete is as simple as using the relvant action. I think its "quest - mark quest requirement as completed" or something like that. Changing requirements is the action "quest - change quest requirements".

3) Victory conditions for a melee map or a non-melee map? I will soon post up victory/defeat conditions for a non-melee map where you only have to destroy the enemy buildings, in my "free trigger code" post. These conditions should work for both non-melee and melee cases though.

C

Crellik

Thanks for the answers. I think I need to learn to use variables though, they aren't nearly as self-explanatory as triggers because I can't find the templates and fill-in-the-blank statements like the triggers have... Is there a good tutorial or FAQ on variables I can read?

C

Crellik

OK That last reply was lacking so I'll say I just registered as Crellik, and I am the same guy who posted the original thread ;) and I am discussing a non-melee map (a single-player campaign).

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Well a starting point to look at is the world editor help guide - there's a bit about variables in there (help -> editor help)

There's really no ultimate guide to learning about variables, they are pretty fundamental to any sort of programming, and its something you learn within the first month of studying computing at any university. So its not like they are hard to figure out or anything.

cplus.about.com might have some useful guides to variables on it, try searching there.

Here's two links:

http://cplus.about.com/library/weekly/aa030302a.htm

http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/tut1-2.html

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.