Water Problem

Rocker742

Reaction score
So I'm making a map and.. I made a river, deep water and waterfalls and whatnot, and heros are able to walk into the water.. the unit's walking is set to Foot, the waterfall walkability is set to False, and shouldn't deep water be unwalkable anyways? Help would be appreciated :D

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Did you make it deep enough and does the unit have submerge

Rocker742

Reaction score
they dont have submerge.. and its deep enough so when they walk in it, which i really wish didn't happen, you can only see their head and their shadow and whatever.. so.. ehh

Also.. I recently downloaded MiscData.txt if that does anything tto help..

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Did you change anything on the unit that might cause it

Rocker742

Reaction score
Nope.. nothing.. my friend opened it in his WE and said it was working fine and he couldn't walk in the water, so he sent the file back to me and when I was able to walk in the water still :banghead:

Kuberr24

Reaction score
in world editor, press W and then press P

now your water will be invisible map and you will see some blue and pink and grey layers around cliffs and trees

PICTURE:

waterd.jpg

1) nothing = everybody can walk here
2) blue = unbuildable, but walkable
3) pink = unwalkable (except for flyers)
4) grey = unwalkable (for everybody, can be the edge of your map)

"deep" water as you call SHOULD be pink, if its not, then it's walkable.

PS: pressing W and P agains shows water/removes pathing again

Rocker742

Reaction score
@Kuberr24,

I pressed W and then P and then it showed the terrain where the deep water was blue.. How do I fix this?

Kuberr24

Reaction score
first try to low the terrain using this button:

water2g.jpg

It should turn pink after awhile (when it's deep enough)

if it never becomes pink, there are 2 annoying solutions:

1) redo the terrain. start from zero and make the water again

2) place pathing blockers (doodads -> pathing blockers -> pathing blocker (large, both)) everywhere you don't want units to come. in the world editor pathing blockers are purple squares which show where you can't walk. inside the game these things cannot be seen, but they do stop units from walking pass them.

Rocker742

Reaction score
Well I know that much, so lets see.. I've already tried lowering the terrain (on multiple occasions), Pathing blockers'll be a last resort since they take up precious doodad space :3, and.. I'll try that, although I started the map as all water then raised/plateaued the map respectively.. Hmmm :banghead:

EDIT: actually, since I'm gonna use pathing blockers anyways, I'll just use them so they cant walk off the cliff right now and so they can't walk into the water.. thanks. eheheh.. Also, does putting invisible platforms in/over water make all of it walkable, because I think that might be the reason.. Oh well thanks anyways +rep:thup:

Kuberr24

Reaction score
invisible platforms are indeed an invisible doodad which makes the ground its placed on walkable for units, even if it normally shouldn't be walkable (like water or cliffs)

also, instead of placing a billion pathing blockers, you can simply change the pathing texture of a pathing blocker to "units - necropolis" or something else that has a big pathing, and then 1 pathing blocker will block ALOT of terrain.

Don't forget to hold down "shift" when you place doodads or destructables!!, it will make them be able to overlap each other, even though their pathing normally doesn't allow that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.