What Map Are You Going to Create?

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
They said 8 players max in melee games and 12 players for custom maps a while ago as far as I remember.

It would be cool if they allowed for 6v6, 3v3v3v3, or 4v4v4 in ladder melee. I know this isn't entirely on topic, but I didn't want to make a new thread. Does anyone know if the editor will be made by a third party like the Warcraft 3 one, or will it be made and supported by Blizzard?

Devrak

Reaction score
I will probably make a footmen-styled map or some kind of map with tons and tons of units. Controlling more then 12 units at the time ftw. You will probably be able to do some really advanced heroes now aswell when you can have as many stats as you wish.

Everyone here seems to want to create a shooter or RPG, lol. Why make a shooter/FPS anyway? It's not like it is going to be anywhere near as good as the worst real FPS game.

And what ultralisk spell are you people talking about?

trees123

Reaction score
Just like new races and classes in an RPG, FPS are in the realm of possibility for Blizzard, and everyone wants to try it out. And, what makes you say that the SC2 FPS are going to suck? and

Btw, it's UBERlisk not ULTRAlisk. :rolleyes:

JuiceBox

Reaction score
Everyone here seems to want to create a shooter or RPG, lol. Why make a shooter/FPS anyway? It's not like it is going to be anywhere near as good as the worst real FPS game.

Have you seen the graphics of the game? :eek:
I'm pretty sure it could top Counter Strike by a lot... (my opinion)
But the good thing about this is that you get to create your own fps game.
So, you can put the elements from a different fps that you really like, but not add the bad ones.

chanta45

Reaction score
I actually think good FPS's could very well be. They did say they've added mouse support, and the keyboard controls didn't look bad. I'm sure you can add strafing too easily, and new weapons too. (Shotgun, rocket launcher, single shot)

ALSO! Anyone know more information about these "decals"? You can unlock them for your units by doing certain achievements.. I'd like to know more about these.

JuiceBox

Reaction score
The only MAJOR problem/flaw that I see with making an FPS in an RTS game is the inability of your character to jump. If they can figure this out, then a successful FPS map can be made. :)

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
The only MAJOR problem/flaw that I see with making an FPS in an RTS game is the inability of your character to jump. If they can figure this out, then a successful FPS map can be made. :)
No, it was the huge arrow key delay.

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
[YOUTUBE]stOtL8Xn5mI[/YOUTUBE]

Yes, I loved that game and I will recreate it in Starcraft II.

chanta45

Reaction score
Yup! Following along with the video, (And others) heres what i've seen added.

1. Much better keyboard control (Less delay)
2. A responsive physics system (Noob Friendly)
3. Ability to design spells from scratch with the editor, rather then use triggers or base off of old abilities. (Which i'm sure you can still do)
4. Mouse Look support, assuming the engine will recognize where the cursor is at any given time
5. New GUI to help the begginers as well as a far more adaptable scripting language (Known by some on here as BASS)
6. Alot more campaign models then initially though.
7. Ability to graft units onto other units, with a method other then constantly moving the units with a timer.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
I hope somebody will create a good cardgame for SC2. Like magic the gathering.

The card game for wc3 is just a joke and has far too little in common with magic, yugioh or any card game I've seen.

And it isn't very hard to create such a game. For an expirienced Jasser at least.

I wanna play MTG without having to spend a lot of money :<

Best topic I found to write this.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Im not even sure I will buy that game, but anyways.

Ive always wanted to make some cool map in Dune style.

I have no idea, what it would be like, but probably it would have some really crazy combat thingies and weird stuff.

Big deserts with giant worms and stuff like that. ( I guess I can make pretty good Sand Worm model by editing that Zerg Nydus Worm maybe. )

It would probably have RPG elements and maybe some real time strategy elements too. Maybe like some AoS, which has computers playing RTS and players playing Hero characters, but with some more RPG stuff, dont know.

Probaby for starters Im just going to make some small Hero Arena like thingy with some wicked and crazy characters who whack each other, just so I can learn to use that new editor. Big Dune stuff comes after that.

KJS335

Reaction score
[YOUTUBE]ddJbmpzPoCs[/YOUTUBE]

If I could create a map with this concept and make it well polished and high quality, I'm sure it will beat DotA.

Arget

Reaction score
Genre: First/Third Person Shooter and Parasite genre mix.
Premium?: Yes.
Name: Symbiote (not much of a relation with the WC3 map, and I haven't played it).
File size?: 10mb+.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.