Wind walk ability

EoW.chips

Reaction score
hey
i need help, i wanna do an ability that turns u invisibile but u lose mana each sec. It should be like the nightelf ability from the demonlord "cloak of flames". U can turn it on and off etc.

Anyone has an idea or example how to do that?

Thanks

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Make a dummy ability based on cloak of flames or mana shield. Detect when the caster turns it on, and add permanent invisibility to the cast and turn on a periodic trigger that drains X mana each second, checking to make sure the unit has the buff. When the unit does not have the buff, turn off the trigger and remove permanent invisibility.

tommerbob

Reaction score
I believe you would use "Unit - A unit is issued an order with no target"

And then in your conditions, check if the issued order is equal to "manashieldon" or something like that. You should be able to find the code for the Mana Shield ability in the Object Editor.

0WN3D

Reaction score
Personally..... i prefer using unit has a buff.... since it is a lot more simpler and easier to understand than order string....

tommerbob

Reaction score
True, but are two things to consider:

1. How would you detect when the unit as the buff or not? Use a periodic? In my opinion that is more complicated than simply detecting when the ability is turned on/off using order strings.

2. Buff's have 1-2 second delay before removing from a unit when the ability is turned off. Sometimes those 1-2 seconds are important. For example, the ability she is trying to create would drain more mana than necessary if you used checking for buff.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.