World Editor update bug?!?

M

MrCamping

Hi everyone,
I discovered this forum today and I tought: "What a good place to ask a question about a stupid editor bug I have" :)

Here's my problem,
I'm working on a td map for two months now (it will be awesome). I only have ROC installed, no expension. Since 2-3 days, the editor only wanna save my map in .w3x instead of .w3c which make it unreadeable by War3, because Frozen Thrones isnt installed.

Im stuck with that problem, and cant work on my td...
I tried to reinstall warcraft3 and it was ok, till I made the battle net upgrade, now same problem again.

Can someone help? Am I the only one with this problem??

thx a lot guys!

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
You can try this:
When saving, MyMap.w3x, rename it to MyMap.w3c

M

MrCamping

doesnt work, it saves it as a w3x anyway....
its like if I now have TFT editor but with ROC installed....:banghead:

edit: extension I want is w3m, not w3c, my bad.

esb

Reaction score
Do this:
In what ever folder your map is in, go to Tools > Folder Options, and in the View tab, uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types. Then try renaming it to w3m, and it might work.

If that doesn't work, then I've heard that installing an older patch (1.20) would solve it, but you would have to re-install warcraft.

M

MrCamping

good idea, but didnt work either :(
If I reinstall and update to 1.20, will it update the editor too?
wtf with 1.21? why cant I save correctly with the editor??

I have another question, maybe someone as already seen that.
I had to bug with my map which causes me to reinstall war3, and caused the problem I got now. I've seen a lot of odd things while mappin on war3 but this was the most ****** up! Player 12(brown) stopped to exist. In every map I was hosting implating player 12, he was replaced byb red, and red by blue, and goes on.... I tryed playing a couple of map with brown player and it made that inall of them. like if my w3 couldt see player brown anymore. Have u ever seen something like that?

esb

Reaction score
Well, if Brown dissapeared when you made a new map, even though you enabled him, then no, that's wierd >_<

Maybe a patch fixes that.

Why don't you get TFT? It's A LOT better (World Editor-wise mainly)
That leads me to think, maybe blizzard made the World Editor save .w3x maps only to make people buy TFT! OMG lol

M

MrCamping

lol I have TFT, but dont wanna install it...
All my friends play on ROC on Bnet and my mpa is made for RoC, as soon as I finish this one, ill move on TFT, but for now, I wanna kepp it as it is....

Think ill send an email to blizzard reporting that "bug" with 1,21

esb

Reaction score
M

MrCamping

thx for that, it might help.

1.20 had that problem too?
I think I will install an old version on 1 comp only for mapping and a 1.21 on another one for playing....

patch 1.21 was released around 1 year ago... I have that problem since max a week,
can it be only a specific version like 1.21x that has the problem?

esb

Reaction score
Maybe, I'm not sure. Do you use the default world editor? Do you have TFT installed? If you do have TFT installed, that's why most likely :p

M

MrCamping

yeah I use default worl editor and TFT isnt installed and has never been on this comp.

The thing is war 3 is installed on my desktop and my laptop. I usually play on my desktop and map on my laptop so hasnt connected on Bnet on the laptop for 1-2 week. so everything was working perfectly. But with the brown player bug that made me reinstall, I had to do the update in order to update the editor (had error message when opening my map because editor version was too old).

and that screwed me with 1.21.....

So all that means that bug is max 2 weeks old. anyway, Ill reinstall again on laptop and move on TFT on desktop now. Can I still play ROC and make map for ROC when TFT installed?

esb

Reaction score
You can play ROC with TFT installed, but the World Editor will be TFT.

Hmm... do this: Open your map, go to Scenario > Map Description and check if it Requires Expansion, that might be it (hopefully)

Open a completely new map, default size and tileset (Non-TFT) and see if it also requires saving in w3x

M

MrCamping

hmmm... I cant see the required expansion option, maybe its only and TFT editor..
And u right, if I open a new map, I can save it in w3m!!!
why can't I with mine, I could before I did Bnet upgrade, (was working on my laptop, but same map was saving as w3x on my updated desktop) so its really a matter of game version.

But why a new map can be saved as w3m??

esb

Reaction score
Have you ever opened your map with a TFT WE?
Your map probably has something (even the smallest thing) that requires TFT.

esb

Reaction score
You can try to upload the map...

esb

Reaction score
Someone here (me) could check the map to see what forces it to save as w3x.

M

MrCamping

hmmm not sure...
not that I dont trust you or any people here, but i'm not confortable with giving 2 months of hard work to someone I dont know before its officially released... dunno why.

Ill downgrade version on my laptop and it should be ok and if it isnt, I've just finished installing TFT on another comp so ill make it TFT :(

Thx a lot for your help!

esb

Reaction score
Ok then, no problem :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.