1.24 patch help..

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
I patched up our WC3 lately and came up with this error..

Blizzard PrePatch v2.70 compiled on Jul 7 2003
This program patches Warcraft 3

Log created at 3:53 am on 01/01/2003

ERROR: unable to create file 'C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\BNUpdate.exe'
The system cannot find the path specified.

RESULT: Prepatch failed

What does this mean??

Xorifelse

I'd love to elaborate about discussions...........
Reaction score
That the file "BNUpdate.exe" is not located in the directory "C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\" because quite possibly that directory does not exist.
That file is required to update Warcraft III to it's latest version.
If Warcraft III is installed in that directory, I suggest reinstalling the game would fix this error. If Warcraft III is not installed in that directory you should make changes to the regedit, found in start => run => regedit.

However, if you are unable to figure out what that error means... and the fact that you posted this in the wrong forum which pretty much says that you have little to no experience with English or computers I suggest reinstalling the game is the best way to go.

I'm sorry, but perhaps next time I suggest reading the error before asking what the error means. You asked for this :p.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
It means that your registry isn't in sync with your WC3. I'm not too sure...but I think it also means your WC3 is pirated :p.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
That the file "BNUpdate.exe" is not located in the directory "C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\" because quite possibly that directory does not exist.

Lol my WC3 is in My Documents. Thx!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.