4 spells only 1 works

MateoSoetsu

Reaction score
I have 4 different spells, with different buffs, all based on the Channel ability. Each ability is on a different unit. When I use 3 of the 4, the unit stands there "paused" and can do nothing, not even cancel his channeling, all his icons disappear. They all have identical triggers, buffs, they all have the "disable other abilities = false"

All 4 of the spells do 1 thing, give another unit a buff, via a dummy unit.
After checking at least a dozen times, I can find no difference in any of the abilities, the buffs, the triggers, or anything that would make one work and the other three fail.

I have searched the forum and a ton of tutorials looking for the answer, please don't just point me in that direction because it is a circle for me.

AdventCore

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this will make any difference but you can try it anyway. Go to your custom ability and scroll down to where it says "Data - Options" double click that. In the options check the box next to visible for all the levels. Now go to "Data - Target Type" and change how the ability is supposed to be cast for example, Fireblast is casted by clicking on a unit so you would check the box next to "Unit Target".

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
In my experience, you shouldn't put more than 1 same spell (Channel) in a unit..... Try to use other ability.....:thup::)

MateoSoetsu

Reaction score
The unit gets a random 1 of the 4, so he should never have more than one of the same spell at a time. There is a fire, water, wind, and earth version of each spell, and only the wind version works, the other 3 seem to bug out the caster.

Are there even 4 different targeted channel abilities that work on allies? I used the "channel" spell because most people suggested it for triggered abilities, it won't even let my triggers run.

Kikac_NNGK

Reaction score
actually with channel its fine since you can change the order string.

Y but its still the same spell. Just use some different basic spell cos 2 or many same spells (even channel) dont works together (i mean if 1 hero has the spells, if u know what i mean)

MateoSoetsu

Reaction score
The hero shouldn't and doesn't have more than one of the spells at a time, he randomly gets one of the four when created and of those four only one actually channels they other three pause the unit and make him unable to be controlled.

I don't think it is an order confusion of the unit, but I can change the order string and see if that helps.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
You can have many Channel based abilities on a unit at the same time without conflict. Just change Data - Base Order ID to something different on each copy.

MateoSoetsu

Reaction score
Well that did work, thanks. I don't know why it would matter though, since I am sure the unit never has more than one ability at a time based off channel. But changing the order ID makes them all work.

One other question, I may have to open another thread but maybe someone reading this can answer.

If I add a hero ability to my hero it makes it level 1 and doesn't let me further increase its level without triggers. It is the only hero ability that the hero has and works fine if I give the hero that ability through the editor, just not when I give it to him through triggers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.