a better Critical Strike stack..

Status
Not open for further replies.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
i'm making a custom critical strike attribute..
how do you think i should do this... which one is better?

Individual Crit per Item
> meaning i if have 2 weapons each of them crits individually, there is a percent chance that both will crit for a powerful attack.
> like if i have 2 items with 25% chance, every attack each of them has a 25% chance to crit individually.

Shared Crit chance
> each weapon increases critical strike and the percent stacks, meaning with more items you get more chances of crit per attack.
> like if i have 2 items with 25% chance, every attack there is a total 50% chance to crit.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I would say a shared chance.

There is nothing more annoying then people land BS 600+ crits if they just stack crit items.

Legacyspy

Reaction score
I would say a shared chance.

There is nothing more annoying then people land BS 600+ crits if they just stack crit items.

I think shared crit, means each item has a 25% percent chance to crit.

So your total chance to crit is 31% (I think)

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
hmmm, i would say individual because if its shared, not only dose the chance increase, but the multiplier dose too (which would mean your large numbers will happen all the time instead of it happening on rare occasions)

Also, if each item crits individually, each attack would have a greater chance of getting one of the two to crit (using two as an exacple just for simplicitys sake) but because its not directly adding onto the item, the chance itself to do a crit from any of the items diminishes as it adds

in other words

you have 2 items with 50% crit
item 1 will have 50% chance to crit
item 2 will have 50% chance to crit
there is a 25% chance of having no crit (1/2 * 1/2 = 1/4)
there is a 25% chance of dual critting (1/2 * 1/2 = 1/4)

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
o_O? how does the increase in % chance increase the multiplier? (lets say it was a 2x crit) having 2 of them wouldn't give you a 4x crit O_O

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Shared Crit chance
> each weapon increases critical strike and the percent stacks

Please note the first part "each weapon increases critical strike", he woudent need to put that if it was only the percent that stacks, especally since he states the precent stacking right after saying that.

You dont say the same thing twice, so tell me, if "each weapon increases critical strike" dosent mean an increase in the damage multiplier, what else would it mean?

.... damnit ive been playing far too much Phoenix Write to notice this kinda stuff >_<

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
aight didn't see it, well i say shared with no multiplier increase lol.

most games try to make players get a variety of items, not stack one item so its "rigged"

thats mostly why a lot of things dont stack, orbs, boots, evasion, stuff like that.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
thats rare for someone to repeat the same thing twice with diffrent words right next to each other....

if its only the chance that changes, then what would you do about two diffrent multipliers, with the shared method which multiplier would you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.