A building within range?

Wratox1

Reaction score
Hi, im pretty new at making maps and i have a problem, im making a map where i have a builder, which can build just 1 building at start, but when you have build this building, you can build another building.
And i want to make so u have to build that building within a range of the first building, ive been trying for 3 days now:banghead::(, but i cant fix it, can some1 help me?:confused:

Stu-pac

Reaction score
well im not exactly sure but in object editor near the techtree properties there is something like building's constructed. You put the first buildng there. I dont know how to have it so he can then build another building, but as for the range thing you would need a trigger.
Event- a building finishes construction
condition - building being built equal to your building
action-
if number of units(matching your first building) in region around radius of second building = 1
then do nothing
else - destroy second building

Wratox1

Reaction score
well im not exactly sure but in object editor near the techtree properties there is something like building's constructed. You put the first buildng there. I dont know how to have it so he can then build another building, but as for the range thing you would need a trigger.
Event- a building finishes construction
condition - building being built equal to your building
action-
if number of units(matching your first building) in region around radius of second building = 1
then do nothing
else - destroy second building

yes, i have the techtree stuff, but its the trigger i need help with, but im gonna try what u said, but not now im too tired...

Nasharan

Reaction score
But with your trigger he will be able to build the building but it will be destroyed if too far away. So he'll loose all ressources paid for this building.
Maybe you could remove the builders ability to build if out of range of any player owned building and when entering the area around the building again, he gets the skill again. But I dont know how to remove building skill by trigger.

ThePlague

Reaction score
Use begins constructing not finishes constructing that way no time will be wasted. Then also just trigger resource return.

Wratox1

Reaction score
i fixed it now:D; i just added my first building to a unitgroup: ((Constructing structure) is in (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of (Random unit from Unitgroup[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])))) Equal to True :p thx for the help :thup:

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Though, that seems to leak quite alot !!!
Want a leakcheck ?

Wratox1

Reaction score
sure, know just a little about leaks, i know that points leak... and leaks could be a problem in my map bcause its kind of an rpg... :D

Wratox1

Reaction score
i could send it to you, but ive just begun with this map, ill send it to you when its a bit more complete ;):D

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yeah, definetly!!! Wanna see how it looks ;)
Good luck then :thup:

Wratox1

Reaction score
another question; can a unit(a ship) attack from the side, so it looks like its using its cannons, tht would be very cool :p atm im using the pheonix ability but sometimes the unit(s) attack from the back or font:(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.