RPG A Hero's Tale

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Yes i am back! After working and quiting on many maps, i have gotten better and WE and am back with a new Rpg. Now i know i have started many maps then quit on them.. But I have gotten much better at that, thus i present:
A Hero's Tale
Alpha 2

Info:
A Warcraft 3 Open Role Playing Game(Orpg.)
Play with friends over battle.net, to level your character, or start a new one. Kill monsters and do quests to level and earn gold. Use gold to buy items, or go kill bosses or monsters to get better ones. Kill bosses to get special items with special attributes, go searching the large world, hunting and leveling. Go fight monsters with your very own pet(i may not add pets, if i do i will need help with it X.X). Take boats, monsters, or dragons to get to different towns quicker. Learn water walking to explore the ocean, and fight sea monsters, kraken, and maybe even find treasure. Find islands, and meet island peoples, get special tribal weapons. Learn skills including, fishing, mining, cooking, and others(hopefully..). Have fun and reach the max level 250, then send me your save code, and a special item that you want your character and i may make it for you and give it to you in the next version. I may raise the max level if people get to it too quickly. Buy custom spells, and explode your enemies with massive fire, or freeze them with extreme cold. Its all up to you! Choose your main attribute, and what attribute you want to raise. Buy various items that all add cool effects and actually show up on your character. Make your character an angel, with a special blade and heavenly wings. Or make him a demon, with demonic horns, and fiery swords. Or anything in between! Its still in its early Alpha's so not very many of those features have been added. Down there shows all the current features.

Controls:
-Normal movement and attack.
-Esc to raise stats every time you level.
-load to load a character.
-save to save a character.
Thats about it so far.

Story: Well there isnt one, this is an Orpg.

Features:
-A Save and Load system(Saves items, gold, lumber, all three stats, level, and exp, and is name Dependent.)
-12 Items
-Nice terrain
-1 Enemy(So Far.)
-1 Town(So Far.)
-Item Restrictions
-Creep Respawn
-Hero Respawn(Duh..)
-Protected and Optimized.
-Great tooltips and color codes.
-All items are visual.
-Custom Mini-Map

Screen-Shots:

Change Log:
Code:
Alpha 2:
-Added 8 more items.
-Changed so you can only save on multiplayer, to help prevent cheating.
-Code is now player name dependent.
-Have all six types of items(Hat, Weapon, Sheild, Armor, Gloves, And Wings.)
Alpha 1:
Posted Game on TheHelper.net

Please try it!
Critizm And Feedback would be awesome!

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Bump. Please someone try it and comment?! Alpha 2 is out More items! I'll add more area's soon, but now i gotta go to school.

Immolation

Reaction score
Overall good, but there are many typos and is a bit unbalanced. The wizard hat, for example, raises intelligence by 25 -.-

Anyway, the tooltip for the main attribute states that it raises the damage by 0.

Also, your models take really alot of space. The map will be unplayable on BNet if you don't manage to lower the map size(it's still small, but it increases by 200 KBs from Alpha1 to Alpha2).

Immolation

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
I'll wait until it gets more than 1 town. Screenshots will be nice.

>What are the heroes? Any fancy quests? Are you wearing blue or green underpants today?

Lawl..

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
>Andrewgosu
No its the same heros, just three of them, one with strength main attribute, another with agility, and another with intelligence. No i havent added any quests yet. and im wearing black boxers ^.^ lol. and ok i'll add more info.

>Immolation
Thankyou, but may you please stat the typos? and also whats unballenced, yes i need to raise the price of the Wizard Hat, ill fix the tooltip, and the max file size is 4mb, got a while to go before that... And its not the models most of the models are low polys and only take up about 5-30 kb its the mini-map i added that takes up most the extra space, and if the map wasnt optimized, it would be around, 700kb the mini-map adds about 300kb but optimization takes away alot of it so its alot smaller. So its not the models its the mini-map.

>iPeez
Im adding more areas soon, and ill add in another town for ya! and i have screen shots. 7 of them actually..

So any other ways to improve this?? anything other than the wizard hat need balenced? attributes need adusting? any typos?

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
arg...everytime i make an rpg people always say that. They never read i they just say: "this needs abilities man." or "every good rpg need abilities man." Well you buy abilities!! ok? and i havent made any yet! Because before i do i need to add them to the save and load system which i havent gotten 2

CaptDeath

Reaction score
omg sorry just saying that cause you said what can i do
oh yeah and a bug were if you have 2 wood and prees escape twice you lose both wood and have 6 buttons

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
oh ok when i get back on friday i'll fix that and its ok lol ^.^ thx, i'll change it so it takes away a lumber when you press an attribute, and when you press escape clear the Dialoge before making one.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
you dont need to make a new dialog every time wolf
im very experienced with them
mind showing the trigger i will gladly assist

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
no i dont mean help thats not what i need lol, ty though, i have already thought of an alternative, i was making new buttons each time you press Esc when i could have just made it Show the dialoge buttons and set them on the Total Elapsed Time = 0.01 (i use that not Intalize cuz it takes it longer to load that way.) but thanks but i got it handled ^.^ if i make pets i'll need help tho.. Im still trying to figure it out on my own, but havent quite got it yet. I would also need to make it save to your char, but i can do that part lol. i found a save/load code which is very easy to mod..

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
aww comon ppl. Test it. Its actually ok for being in Alpha form, im working on the new V should be out within a few days with 1 new town, more items, more area to explore, more enemies to fight, and fixed tooltips and items.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I think the name needs reworking. Something along the same lines but less cliché. Try "tales of a roving adventurer."

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Ok well bad news... My D: drive just vanished. Its pluged in, but everything inside of it is just gone. There arnt any folders, nothing its totaly empty, zip gone nada. So the only way i can continue this is if i reinstall warcraft 3, and find a map unprotector that can unprotect Vex's Utilizer.. So if anyone has any ideas i would be very happy to add credits in the game. I dont want to quit on this now, so i would really like to continue this so i need an Unprotector, to unprotect this. Thanks...

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Yes i know, but i was just hoping but what ever... So i guess im going to have to find one on my own.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
well ive tried everything, replacing all of the wc3 files, 2 unprotectors, and ya.. No luck, Vex's optimizer is just too powerful. So i wont be able to continue this... I am really sad because i put alot of effort and hard work into this...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.