A new World Editor

Zoxc

Reaction score
Demi666 said:
u shpuld make more compact comands like instead of 3246256 for 1 simple commands as diffrent checkpoints make 1 big that works 2 all hekpoint if u know what i man
I could say no.

M

Masterfrog

A very nice idea you got going here. You get my thumbs up :cool:

Anyway, a shame that you're not putting so much gunpowder into the terrain editing or at least not in the beginning as you said, for that is the one area I think WE lacks the most :). The lack of ability to easily copy-paste and mirror parts of a terrain etc. is something I'd really appreciate. Perhaps that is something that is more easily done in a 2D environment, I wouldn't know. Anyway, don't feel you should switch to a 3D editor just for the pressure, I feel 2D could work very well. At the very least well enough.

Oh, and keep up the good work.
thumbsup.gif

K

Kadgar

yea, I think u really should make the terrian like WE but copy/pating of terrian avalibale as well.

M

Masterfrog

actually, kadgar, it is possible to just copy-paste terrain in WE. But as far as I know, there's no way to mirror or spin the copied terrain.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
wow this is a great idea, good to see someone doing this :).

Here's an idea, I'm tight for time atm:

Adding actions/events/conditions that could make a decent Save/Load code that remembers where abouts you are.

Saving:

A menu comes up with 4 slots telling you to choose a slot to save in.

Loading:

typing -load brings a menu with the same 4 slots telling you how much % of the game is complete.

---

Might be a bit complicated, but if you could make some actions etc that could do that, it'd be awesome!!!

Big Good Luck with this man :).

~Jindo

K

Kadgar

Copy/Paste Terrian

-- um the way to copy paste terrian is; you go to the the errian pallete and then select the whole map. Then you press CTRL + C then u can go to another map and press CTRL + V. This works, but if the terrian slots are different... it comes out weird...

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has said it before, but could you include a way to manipulate the Object Editor with triggers?
Wait a sec. A new editor means a new programming language. No JASS. :eek:

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
1. people suggested and, for the third time, its not possible.
2. it will still use jass...duh he's just making a new way to read/write maps, not a magical new engine.

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Not a magical new engine? :mad:

Next you'll tell me that there are no dragons... hah.

C

CountDracula

ohhh i know :)

idk how you'd go about this but in the trigger editor: when you need to make multipul triggers, and for say u need to select items, i think it would help if you could copy the item and paste the item right into the"link to open ex:events" for instance...this is an item upgrade form my rpg, if i could have copy/pasted the |cff00FF00Enchanting Gemstone|r or the Demon's Bane +10 then it would have saved me tons' of time because theses a lot more triggers just like this, so i would jsut copy it right form here, and paste it below...might need 2 links then idk :banghead:

PHP:
Demons Bane
    Events
        Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    Conditions
        And - All (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                ((Triggering unit) has an item of type |cff00FF00Enchanting Gemstone|r) Equal to True
                ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Demon's Bane +10) Equal to True
    Actions
        Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type |cff00FF00Enchanting Gemstone|r)
        Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Demon's Bane +10)
        Hero - Create |cff00FF00Enchanted:|rDemon's Bane |cff00FF00+18 and give it to (Triggering unit)

idk a new world editor sounds sweet, aslo before i forget, maybe a trigger like current move speed of unit, but make it life...ahh the possibilites

Zoxc

Reaction score
CountDracula said:
idk how you'd go about this but in the trigger editor: when you need to make multipul triggers, and for say u need to select items, i think it would help if you could copy the item and paste the item right into the"link to open ex:events" for instance...this is an item upgrade form my rpg, if i could have copy/pasted the |cff00FF00Enchanting Gemstone|r or the Demon's Bane +10 then it would have saved me tons' of time because theses a lot more triggers just like this, so i would jsut copy it right form here, and paste it below...might need 2 links then idk :banghead:

PHP:
Demons Bane
    Events
        Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    Conditions
        And - All (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                ((Triggering unit) has an item of type |cff00FF00Enchanting Gemstone|r) Equal to True
                ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Demon's Bane +10) Equal to True
    Actions
        Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type |cff00FF00Enchanting Gemstone|r)
        Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Demon's Bane +10)
        Hero - Create |cff00FF00Enchanted:|rDemon's Bane |cff00FF00+18 and give it to (Triggering unit)

idk a new world editor sounds sweet, aslo before i forget, maybe a trigger like current move speed of unit, but make it life...ahh the possibilites

Yes I will try to add copying of parameters.

C

CountDracula

sweet, ill try and think of other helpful things as i work on my rpg :cool:

K

Kadgar

i thought i mentioned this before, unless i missunderstood what u sked to be implemented.

M

Masterfrog

Oh and please when working with triggers add some function for Generic Player or Any Player. It is very annoying to have add a new event for all the players when this is needed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.