A new World Editor

C

CountDracula

yeah!

an any player trigger would be nice, or player 1 to player 10 like if player 11-12 were pc players 1 trigger could cover allying and stuff :D

Zoxc

Reaction score
Added a preview of the Gameplay Constants editor.

Attachments

• preview8.png
    preview8.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 648
M

Masterfrog

I just got to know, is that your own windows interface or will that be the interface of the editor?

Zoxc

Reaction score
preview9le1.jpg

As stated before my editor will be almost 100% theme adaptive. You'll find the link to my visual style somewhere in this thread.

K

Kadgar

sorry, is there a GUI for this ? because all i see so far is JASS

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
Have you added a trigger that can detect a unit within range of any unit? because that would be amazingly handy. Right now, as you probably know, you can only detect a unit coming within range of a unit already existing on the map when you make the trigger.

You'd probably also need a condition like, unit within range of detecting unit = unit owned by player # / unit type, etc. You know, all that stuff.

But anyway, if that trigger is possible to add.. i bet everyone would use your editor, lol.

G

Gampl

Hey, it would also be awesome if there was a more userfriendly way to change the interface of the game. In the official editor, you can do it, but when you make a mistake, it is almost imposssible to locate.
So adding a way to change the look of the menu, or other interface features would be awesome.
Also it would be cool if you could make a addition to the hero settings. Mainly that you could check: 'do not display hero experience bar' and additional options for creating alternative ways of leveling up heroes. (By visiting 'schools' and so on.)

D

deathtomato

Man that interface look so..... nice.

Almost makes me want to start mapmaking again. :)

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Zoxc, I have a question ( I don't if this was asked before :eek: ): Will your editor maintain those doodads and tiles limits? Or you will be able to override it in this editor? Anyway, it looks really nice, can't wait to try it.

Zoxc

Reaction score
smith_s9 said:
Zoxc, I have a question ( I don't if this was asked before :eek: ): Will your editor maintain those doodads and tiles limits? Or you will be able to override it in this editor? Anyway, it looks really nice, can't wait to try it.
I haven't planned much for the terrain editor, but I will use WC3's limits.

To everyone that wants me to add new actions/events/conditions to GUI, learn JASS. I will not be doing that.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Zoxc said:
To everyone that wants me to add new actions/events/conditions to GUI, learn JASS. I will not be doing that.
though it would be a nice to add an action or two from CasterSystem and CSCache if the user decides to implement them.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Would be nice if there were links in the trigger editor that have short, basic JASS coding with such common coding samples as the archery tactics shot that keeps going if it doesn't hit anyone, but stops if it does.

EDIT: Not that I don't know how to do that, but some people might like it.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
offtopic but...
> shot that keeps going if it doesn't hit anyone, but stops if it does.
it doesn't stop...you can make double/triple kills with one arrow.

K

Kadgar

dude, can'y u just copy the GUI from the other WE? it is gunna suck if there is only JASS :'(

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
Looks Awsome man, i can't wait to download it!

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Kadgar said:
dude, can'y u just copy the GUI from the other WE? it is gunna suck if there is only JASS :'(
it will contain gui, but nothing more than normal we has (although a lot of people suggested him to add more actions).

C

crazedcougar

how will the WEU/UMSWE jass be added to a map? It would make sense a add the jass as necessary, as opposed to adding all the funtions when you make a new (WEU) map, the way the current WEU does it. The jass could be removed again once it was not in use.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.