A new World Editor

Zoxc

Reaction score
Added screenshot of the beta Trigger Editor.

Attachments

• preview3.png
    preview3.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,514
C

Chindril

Question : What will this editor have that the other 2 doesn't ?

The reason is simple, even if its a very nice editor, it won't be used if it doesn't have any plus.

From the screenshot it does looks nice, but is it me or the functions doesn't have the same name ? (Or are they new functions ?)

- Chindril

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
well he will make this editor completely from scratch, unlike weu and umswe which actually run the normal editor after performing some changes in the ui files. this means that he would have just about unlimited possibilities (well as much as delphi and his free time allow him). also a major improvement will be jasscraft inside the editor :)

S

Silentdeath

A built in / custimizable save/load code would be excellent. Like it generates a random code and such. Save a lot of time :D

Zoxc

Reaction score
I don't think I'll be including any systems except Vexorian's Caster System. I will add a function to use multiple World Editor mods like WEU and UMSWE at the same time.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
If you can't do the auto leak fixing (which I'm quite sure would be hard), maybe you have the program test each trigger and just look for leaks, then it places a little mark over every trigger that has leaks (and maybe over the specific actions too).

Looks like you've done a spanking job so far.

Zoxc

Reaction score
I'd rather make some functions to remove leaks then =P

Added a screenshot of the map browser.

Attachments

• preview4.png
    preview4.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 658
U

Unregistered

I love the map browser :) it looks soo good. But it will be difficult as hell to make terrain editor here :p

greatsmite

Reaction score
also if it had some sort of built in trigger guide, that would help beginers, i know i was confused the first time i looked at triggers

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
make it possible that you can do trigger coding in multiple programming languages (Visual Basic and C++ would be best)

Reaction score
On the object editor, make it so you can slect and copy multiple units, also taht you could change multiple fields and only after everything is set up player could save his changes - Ie, now when making a new unit, you have to sperately wait until name, description and icon are replaced and updated sperately and take more time (Human reaction).

Also, improve the items tab, for example, on shops - It is pain to slect every custyom tiem you make. Make it so yo ucan select few items.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
New_U.S. said:
make it possible that you can do trigger coding in multiple programming languages (Visual Basic and C++ would be best)
he's making an editor, not the whole game. that would be impossible.
@Silentdeath check out vexorian's codemaker engine...

Krofttt

Reaction score
im very interested in making my own editor too!

does it matter what language i make it in?

and how does it work?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Hey, the map browser looks pretty cool. A good idea would be to add an option that sorts it by the actual map name, so you can find the in-game maps, with a different saved name, and maybe show a minimap preview, instead of the map file icon.

If you didn't use the other 2 WE mods (WEU and the other one), would your map files still be openable with the regular world editor, in case I happen to change my mind, or the project goes dead (as Persen Editor did).

Since you are making a brand new world editor, are you going to be recreating the GUI? (Does that mean that the GUI will end up generating better code?)

It would be cool if you put attachable handles, Item pools, and custom loops into the GUI.

T

TheTacoBellD

Will it just be simpler? Or will it actually add options?

Krofttt

Reaction score
Zoxc said:
If you ask if the language matters you will most likely not be able to make a new editor.

You can read about the map format here:
http://www.wc3campaigns.net/tools/specs/index.html
and here is the wtg format (updated by me): http://wc3campaigns.net/zoxc/ROCwtgFormat.htm

So I need to make a mpq editor?

for several programming languages including Delphi, C++ and Visual Basic. You can also download the source code of WinMPQ there to learn how to use SFmpqapi.

Yes Go VB!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.