A new World Editor

A

Aw2k6

Amfidamant said:
On the object editor, make it so you can slect and copy multiple units, also taht you could ...

This is one flaw in WE that I wish was possible. But more than just units. Everything. Copy and paste multiple triggers, multiple units, items, Anything basically. That would be one thing that would give this editor a definite advantage in my eyes. It's already looking like something I'll end up using. :D

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Krofttt said:
So I need to make a mpq editor?
a mpq editor capable of reading and "understanding" all of the wc3 files mentioned in that html.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Looks nice, anyway, I just wanted to say good luck with the "editor building".

Krofttt

Reaction score
i wish i had the time to attempt to make one.

anyways add a feature so we can select all units on a map of single type.

Zoxc

Reaction score
Darthfett said:
Hey, the map browser looks pretty cool. A good idea would be to add an option that sorts it by the actual map name, so you can find the in-game maps, with a different saved name, and maybe show a minimap preview, instead of the map file icon.
I will add sorting. (by clicking on headers) For the minimap I will need to learn the BLP format, but I can show preview images.

Darthfett said:
If you didn't use the other 2 WE mods (WEU and the other one), would your map files still be openable with the regular world editor, in case I happen to change my mind, or the project goes dead (as Persen Editor did).
Yes, maps you could still open maps in the normal WE.

Darthfett said:
Since you are making a brand new world editor, are you going to be recreating the GUI? (Does that mean that the GUI will end up generating better code?)
You will end up generating better code. Maybe even clean some leaks.

Darthfett said:
It would be cool if you put attachable handles, Item pools, and custom loops into the GUI.
This is one of the things that would make you unable to edit things in WE. Explained below.

I might add a whole new GUI format based on functions.
The problem is that if you open a WE edited map. Add some new GUI triggers, then you save that map and open it in WE. All the new GUI triggers will be in JASS. If you change them (the new GUI converted to JASS trigger) in WE, those changes would be lost when you open/save them again in my ediotor.

TheTacoBellD said:
Will it just be simpler? Or will it actually add options?
Initally the GUI will be quite equal. (Just nicer). The object editor will be much faster and more userfrendly.

Krofttt said:
So I need to make a mpq editor?
You you can just use a dll to read the MPQ files.

Aw2k6 said:
This is one flaw in WE that I wish was possible. But more than just units. Everything. Copy and paste multiple triggers, multiple units, items, Anything basically. That would be one thing that would give this editor a definite advantage in my eyes. It's already looking like something I'll end up using. :D

I will try to create a funny clipbaord format to paste many things.

Mr Zero

Junior Regular (Got the T-shirt)
Reaction score
I have only two thing to say:....

YOU ROCK MAN!!! YOU ROCK!!!

This is too cool, but what about blizzard?

Is making a new world editor allowed?

Zoxc

Reaction score
Mr Zero said:

Guess not, but that applies to most of wc3 modding tools.

A

Aw2k6

I believe this has been done with Starcraft's editor, and I doubt Blizzard would retaliate about Warcraft, let alone Starcraft. They make enough money off WoW they shouldn't really care.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Mr Zero said:

Listen, if Oblivion has let people make World makers to make their own RPG with all the same graphics/AI, do you really think Blizzard will care if someone makes a world editor (not a full one, mind you) that enhances trigger and object editing.

EDIT:
Aw2k6 said:
I believe this has been done with Starcraft's editor, and I doubt Blizzard would retaliate about Warcraft, let alone Starcraft. They make enough money off WoW they shouldn't really care.

Yeh, I got Starforge, an extremely better version of the campaign editor :eek: .

Zoxc

Reaction score
Go and post in the Blizzard forum if you want to know if they "care". (PS: Remember to bump the thread xD)

Please don't discuss if this is legal in this thread. If you want really want to discuss it make another thread.

A

Aw2k6

Every idea I come up with has already been stated. XD One more that I might emphasize on, is that if you make a 2d terrain editor, or even 3d, Make non-rext regions. :O

2evil

Reaction score
off topic: zoxc: are you using windowblinds w/ the royal vista skin, or just vista?

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Are you goin to fix all/most the lag that you get when you open object editor and edit units? God if you do...I will be making around 50 maps a month lol.

Keep Up the Good Work

(Hmm it seems that my tga2blp program is not goin to be welcomed like this lol)

2evil

Reaction score
does it run on more of an explorer-style layout? Cause it looks like a lot of the toolbars and functions are shared by both explorer and ur version of WE

a question tho: will the trigger editor run differently? cause if people need help with it on these forums, it would suck if they are completely different lol

off topic: dobee also made a version of that for windowblinds, with anti-alaising and a lot of visual goodies :D

Zoxc

Reaction score
2evil said:
does it run on more of an explorer-style layout? Cause it looks like a lot of the toolbars and functions are shared by both explorer and ur version of WE
It's nearly 100% theme adaptive. Added screenshot with Mac OS X theme.

2evil said:
a question tho: will the trigger editor run differently? cause if people need help with it on these forums, it would suck if they are completely different lol
It will be different visually, but will basically work like the WE one.

Attachments

• preview5.jpg
    preview5.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 732

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
Some triggers seem to create regions that are circular. Sure you cant make non-rect regions?

Could be that they are really Min/Max rects with a polar center and then plotted out till distance, but I could almost swear they behave like Circ shapes.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
So cool! Im not intersted in competing against you, but what program does it work in anyway? and how?.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.