A new World Editor

Tonks

Reaction score
SFilip said:
> and how about a feature that Optimizes the map, as well?
already suggested, but i think its not gonna happen since vex's optimizer is enough.
Then how about asking vex if you can put his optimizer as a featured button in your map so that people can just click that and bing bang that map is optimized ?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
heh i was thinking about that too...but that would make things harder for vex to keep it up-to-date...every time a new optimizer comes up zoxc would have to create a new version of his editor just to include the newest optimizer.

Tonks

Reaction score
SFilip said:
heh i was thinking about that too...but that would make things harder for vex to keep it up-to-date...every time a new optimizer comes up zoxc would have to create a new version of his editor just to include the newest optimizer.
Oh... Yea.. I guess that would kinda put a damper on the project... lol

R

rico.thorn

one question, i know that you're not adding events/conditions/actions, but if you make it so that there can be plug-ins, will the plug-ins be able to add those in???

-i'd hope so becuase then maybe someone will make a plug-in that adds an event "unit - unit is attacked by phoenix fire" (and phoenix fire derivitives) :p

(woah, that took like 50mins to read all 14 pages)

M

Mythic Fr0st

Hmm

Dunno if this has been posted or not

But i'd like to see a way to organise my triggers, Have a thing that you could make, that separetes triggers by name, or basically, just
Put them in order, so we can find them better XD

Zoxc

Reaction score
It will open both ROC and TFT maps. When you do something that would make your map a TFT map you'll get a confirmation. I'll add something fun for colors :D

I'm going to add a Save optimized as... menu item. It will hopefully combine the powers of Widgetizer, Wc3 Map Optimizer and MDX Squisher.

Also you'll be able to add new actions just like in the WE (but you can combine mods :D). If you want to make a plugin to this tell me what you want it to do so I can make it possible.

Categories ain't enought for ya? You must code bad.

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
Stop being so pro Zoxc, you make me look bad :rolleyes: :p

Anyways have you found a staying name for the editor yet? Or still calling it Taurs Map Studio?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Zoxc said:
It will open both ROC and TFT maps. When you do something that would make your map a TFT map you'll get a confirmation. I'll add something fun for colors :D
Will the confirmation be as soon as you change it, or just like in the Regular WE where it's only when you save it?

If it's when you save it, then you should make it so there's an option that only allows the RoC features, so that the RoC users won't have to go back and remove the stuff that is in TFT.

What part will you be working on after the trigger editor?

Zoxc

Reaction score
I'm going to call it MapCraft if I don't find anything better.

The confirmation will be once you use a TFT feature. I will be working on the Object Editor after the Trigger Editor.

MrApples

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I dunno if anyone mentioned this before, 200 posts is alot to read through but...

Will you be making it so GUI is automatically non-bj, and any other pro-efficency features?

Will you be adding more events, including generic player ones such as A Player Types a Chat Message...?

Zoxc

Reaction score
Question 1,2: No

Wonder if I should create a FAQ before I release it? :D

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
You should have a list of things in JASS like your creating a special effect and you have a list of models you can use.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
and linux ;)

glad to see you're using the name i suggested btw <3

Tonks

Reaction score
How about a more advanced gui? I've been trying, honest I have, but I just can't hang on to JASS. I just wish there were more GUI selections so that RoC maps could be better. Maybe a TFT-like GUI and maybe a bit more ?

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Use JASS Shop Pro and read some tuts. Also converting GUI helps to learn JASS.
Do a search for JASS Shop Pro here if you want it. It has all the functions yuo will ever need. I got a few people to help me out though (They prob don't want me saying their name because then everyone will be asking them for JASS help.)

Zoxc

Reaction score
I don't think I'll be changing the GUI. Won't be done until most of this is finished if I'm going to make it.

I could make this for Mono if ShadowFlare finish the SFmpqAPI for .NET and I get a decent framework to work with Delphi. Mono works on Linux/Mac/Win.

For jass editing I suggest to use JassCraft, but here is links to both:
JassCraft
Jass Shop Pro

lllidan

Reaction score
I love the format of the JASS, very eye-candy and looks a lot like BlueJ with the comment, string, and integer coloring. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.