A new World Editor

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
broken link

er nvm WC3C is down, I think, for me atleast

T

team.ism

This has to be the sexiest world editor I have ever seen. Nice work.

What is this coded in? (Language and version)

Zoxc

Reaction score
team.ism said:
This has to be the sexiest world editor I have ever seen. Nice work.

What is this coded in? (Language and version)

Pascal/Delphi in Borland Developer Studio 2006.

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
SFilip said:
> What would you like to see for the JASS editor?
how about a delphi-like function picker?
like you start writing Destroy and a list pops up with something like DestroyEffect, DestroyEffectBJ, DestroyBoolExpr etc.
also make it mark BJs with a different color or w/e so that you could know how to make difference.

Sweet! I really like the popup idea! Also if not allready stated, if and loop templates would be cool.

B

bakerpresent

Congrats man your editor is sweet and the polls have it for 100% awesome.
LOL

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Is there a release date? The "sneak peak ver", editor doesn't really do nothing besides being fancy. Ill wait to see the real deal. Thumbs up.

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
Setting certain release dates always seems to be a bad thing because rarely people actually finnish the stuff for those dates and the ones that had been waiting gets dissapointed.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
I don't know when you plan on adding a few more features or not here and there, but....

It would be really nice if you could make it possible to increase the floating Z of a doodad in a stats sheet. It's incredibly inconvenient to put paper weights on the cntrl and page up keys just to make huge castles.

Nice work so far :)

Tonks

Reaction score
What (in my eyes) would distinguish things like this, are the little things about it. I whole-heartedly support the idea of advanced triggers and such, but what really shows quality and dedication is the things like 'Color Buttons', so that you can change the color of your text in messages and the loading screen and all, without having to go find some color codes and enter them in your text.
Just little things that help get you through the day, ya know?

Is it possible to make it so that people can create their own 'custom tiles?' I.e, you select an appropriately scaled image to use as a tile for your map? Also, having Solid-Color tiles would be cool, because that would add a bit of interest to team vs team games, where each team has a set side of the field. (such as team 1's base is red, team 2's base is blue.)
How about including features missing from roc editor, like the ability to change minimaps and loading screens, and uploading custom units?
If you are using the Unit editor from the WE as a base, how about fixing those goddamn units that change the map's save-type? I.e, I used the green skull thing as a unit model, and it made my map save as a TFT map (forced it to, rather) until I finally found out what was doing it and changed it.
And now, for my biggest question, Will this be able to make Reign of Chaos maps, as well as Frozen Throne ones?
Hope I helped and I hope you respond :p

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> Is it possible to make it so that people can create their own 'custom tiles?
already possible if you import your tile to replace one of blizzard's.

> How about including features missing from roc editor, like the ability to change minimaps and loading screens, and uploading custom units?
also already possible...check out my loading screen tutorial for instance.

Tonks

Reaction score
I'm speaking from a Roc editor point of view. I don't know everything that TFT can do.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> I'm speaking from a Roc editor point of view.
so am i.

Tonks

Reaction score
SFilip said:
> I'm speaking from a Roc editor point of view.
so am i.
Huh? I've seen tutorials on loading screens and I thought you need TFT editor for that... And importing images for tiles too..

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score

Tonks

Reaction score
Yes, but I really don't think it's a good idea to signifigantly increase your map's size for a loading screen. How about a feature on this new editor that can put in loading screens without taking much room? and how about a feature that Optimizes the map, as well?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> How about a feature on this new editor that can put in loading screens without taking much room?
well...how would you do that?
edit: well actually there is a way to use the tft small method in roc...though that wouldn't be so small either.

> and how about a feature that Optimizes the map, as well?
already suggested, but i think its not gonna happen since vex's optimizer is enough.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.