A new World Editor

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
kc102 said:
How about spicific player event with variables?

Code:
Player - Lead_Player types abc as a substring
its not possible. the events initialize at map initialization which means that it will only work for the state of the variable at that point (most likely empty unless you made a default value in the varible editor).
for example it works if you make Lead_Player be player 1 in the variable editor. but once you change it to player 2 it will take no effect - the trigger will still work for player 1 only.
thats where you can use generic event + condition (player comparison). he could turn this intro one action, but it would be just a waste of time.

M

Masterfrog

er, lock camera to unit is a (very easy) action that already exists in the world editor...

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I think FrozenShal)ow means that it will automatically stay panned to the unit's position ( and probably having the camera facing its facing angle).

But it is still pretty easy. Should only take one short trigger with around 6 actions.

martix

There is no spoon
Reaction score
Zoxc said:
I am making a new map editor for Warcraft III and would like some ideas and opinions. I will focus most on the Trigger Editor and the Object Editor. I doubt I'll recreate the terrain editor. Maybe a 2D tileset editor.

See this thread: http://wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?p=826068
So my suggestion is to make a spell clasiffication module. What I mean is when we make a custom spell(incl. triggers, dummy units, etc.), we give every part the same ID, and the with this module we would be able to modify, copy to another map and do whatever we want with the entire spell system incl. all its parts.
Now for example we need to copy every dummy unit, every trigger and variable and ability and stuff from one map to another, this sux!

P.S. I'm not sure if you understand what I meant to say, tell me, I'll *try* to explain better.

T

TheTacoBellD

Make it so we can have as many tiles as we want. I know you said you wouldn't mess with the terrain editor, but it would REALLY help. Like, change the tile selector to a drop down list maybe? Or make the tile thumbnails smaller so that more can fit in that space..

N

Nezgibs

not having GUI will really set us and the editor back. For those who know jass good job but alot of ppl dont so it wouldnt appeal to us.

Zoxc

Reaction score
Nezgibs said:
not having GUI will really set us and the editor back. For those who know jass good job but alot of ppl dont so it wouldnt appeal to us.
When did I say this wouldn't have GUI? Read the first page atleast...

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
OuTLawZ-GoSu said:
Can you make it so you can copy a custom unit from 1 map to the other?
makes me sad how many of you dont even know the functions of the editor you already have...
you can simply open 2 maps in the world editor, copy the custom unit from one map, switch to the other map using the window menu and paste the unit there.

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
SFilip said:
makes me sad how many of you dont even know the functions of the editor you already have...
you can simply open 2 maps in the world editor, copy the custom unit from one map, switch to the other map using the window menu and paste the unit there.

Yep, something you discover within a week or 2 of mapping :p

martix

There is no spoon
Reaction score
Its something you know if you work on computers regularly(you don't need to know anything about the editor at all). So even 2 weeks are a lot in this case.
Of course there is also the possibility of just being too dumb to remember...

Zakyath

Reaction score
Click a button and it creates one trigger for one of the melee magics. Probaly really useful. Everyone likes to make easy edits and still make it as original as possible.

A list with JASS codes ( :rolleyes: )

A save options that protects the map

Be able to set your passwords on maps?

I have no idea if any of these are possible, but :p

N

Nezgibs

Zoxc said:
When did I say this wouldn't have GUI? Read the first page atleast...

sry lol i read all the posts and forgot by the end when i put up mine :banghead:

Zoxc

Reaction score
What would you like to see for the JASS editor?
Me@Wc3c said:
I got access to object data now. I will add some options to merge/save to trigger strings also tooltips showing the trigger string. For object codes 'Aloc' I will also add tooltip showing object name and a jump to function. Also a select object function.

I think I'm going to make a *Native List* for GUI just like I did for JASS in JassCraft. So you can drag 'n drop GUI functions quickly.

Drakens

Reaction score
I wonder if you could add an option to change the hero's proper name using triggers ^^ a lot of people asks about it so it would be very nice :D

martix

There is no spoon
Reaction score
I got an idea - find a way to make a map openable only by your editor. Then put a password protection on your editor that uses a checksum to ID the map and attach a pass to it. So we can protect maps without damaging them. Real protection, not this stupid messing with all sorts of things in the map to make it totally useless.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Drakens said:
I wonder if you could add an option to change the hero's proper name using triggers ^^ a lot of people asks about it so it would be very nice :D
not possible...i really wish people would stop asking for stuff like this.
and password protection is already suggested.

> What would you like to see for the JASS editor?
how about a delphi-like function picker?
like you start writing Destroy and a list pops up with something like DestroyEffect, DestroyEffectBJ, DestroyBoolExpr etc.
also make it mark BJs with a different color or w/e so that you could know how to make difference.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.