A new World Editor

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
SFilip said:
offtopic but...
> shot that keeps going if it doesn't hit anyone, but stops if it does.
it doesn't stop...you can make double/triple kills with one arrow.
Also off topic: You've obviously never played the version that had that kind of shot :nuts: .

G

Guendril

I dont know if some1 said it before but it can be a great idea to make a list of premade trigger for example:

PREMADE TRIGGER LIST:
-Ice skating trigger
-Kick Trigger
-blablabla

it cant be a good idea?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
seph ir oth said:
Also off topic: You've obviously never played the version that had that kind of shot :nuts: .
so it seems...i play it often though :p

Code:
PREMADE TRIGGER LIST:
-Ice skating trigger
-Kick Trigger
-blablabla
ice skating - not possible or very hard to do. a waste of time.
kick - same.
and he said that he won't make any custom actions/events etc.

G

Guendril

Oh ok sorry ^^

or a place where we cave save our custom trigger.

K

Kadgar

yea like a template, that would pwn, so we make our own code, and write it into the WE and we can access it like a book mark

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
hey, if you just want to add new actions and such to GUI then that's already possible to do just by modding the WE (like WEU)

If you want to bypass limitations in the game, then it would be impossible, this is just an editor and not an update of the game engine.

Anyways Zoxc I was reading stuff and yes, it should be a good idea to have plugins. I think that should be a priority and could get to be really useful. And this way we wouldn't have to deal with the integration of VJASS together...

SrL04

Reaction score
Can you make it so that you could transfer game interface into another map? Or can you already do that?

K

Kadgar

wat i am saying is like have a folder where your triggers that u bookmarked are saved, and u can access them later. is this possibal?

T

TheTacoBellD

Could you give us some examples on how you are making difficult or repetetive tasks easier?

Or at least tell us some of the basic changes, because many of the triggers (or at least the ones in the thumbnail) read exactly the same.

P.S. Great work. Looks much sleeker and the map selector looks like quite an improvement.

T

TheTacoBellD

Kadgar said:
wat i am saying is like have a folder where your triggers that u bookmarked are saved, and u can access them later. is this possibal?

Yes. I don't know exactly how but believe me, there are plenty of programs that make a folder automatically and fill them with certain things that the user specifies.

WarLuvr3393

Hmmm...too many things to play (WoW, COD4, WC3)
Reaction score
Wow, sweet idea. Maybe a Maze function where you type in regions 1-1000 and it does it in JASS for you. I know there are already programs designed for this but it would be awesome if we didn't have to have 2 programs running. Perhaps it's done in GUI? I don't know if that's possible though.

A new tag map with Taurens as the taggers! Same gameplay ideas, not the same map as Sheep Tag. Runners have to build a base to survive against the Taurens and must last 30 minutes to win. Taurens must pulverize all the Runners within 30 minutes to win. Download Tauren Tag here. Want to learn how to make a tag map? Go to my Tutorial to learn how!

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
ummm :nuts:
you are aware that almost all maze maps actually check the terrain type without the use of regions?
oh and btw there is only one thing i really miss in gui - generic player event. you might wanna add this ;)

M

Masterfrog

Yes, I mentioned it before, generic player events. Such a lack in orginal WE.

S

Superbimba

I read in your wc3campaign thread that think of a wa to open multi ple maps at the same time?
THAT would be very awesome

S

sangir

hmmm

well first off cool icon ... i wouldnt mind having a checkbox in object editor to change a unit to a hero it would help a bit imo

this is probaly a stupider idea but have a all rdy built in dummy unit not sure how this would help but it would save a little time

u could maybe come up with a system to copy a hero all the skill related to the hero and all the triggers related to the skills or maybe a multi copy w/e

im sure somone said this one but ill say it just to make sure have a file converter like from blp-tga-gif-jpeg?

and the one last idea i had was have a built in map protecter

and i skiped the last 3 pages so sry if i repeated anything

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
SFilip said:
oh and btw there is only one thing i really miss in gui - generic player event. you might wanna add this ;)

How about spicific player event with variables?

Code:
Player - Lead_Player types abc as a substring

Paladin

Reaction score
It would be AWESOME if you could add the function:

Unit - Change name of ( Unit )

Is that possible? Because that would be so cool if you did that.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Paladin said:
It would be AWESOME if you could add the function:

Unit - Change name of ( Unit )

Is that possible? Because that would be so cool if you did that.

It's impossible to change (almost) everything in the object editor through the trigger editor. Only a few things you can change... custom value, and the adding of abilities and such.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.