Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
You need to work Locals into GUI like

Code:
local integer AA = 1
[GUI]set AA = 2[/GUI]

D

dicpimp

It would be nice if it would include an office assistant just like microsoft word and others. It would help beginners where to start and attract more potential map makers.

Zoxc

Reaction score
Another view of the map browser :D

Attachments

• preview6.jpg
    preview6.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 736

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
oh nice one :)
make it show is the map melee or not and perhaps the author aswell.
also it would be great if you could make your editor automatically set some of the things people often ask about...for example when you create a new map you get a window similar to the one WE already has (with size, tileset etc.), but that will also allow you to automatically remove the melee init trigger, set max hero level etc.

S

Spoony

I have no idea how this sort of thing is done, but it would be cool if there was a way to import .3ds files into it that could be used (or converted to .mdx, if it has to be).

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
dicpimp said:
It would be nice if it would include an office assistant just like microsoft word and others. It would help beginners where to start and attract more potential map makers.
I say you should add a "help" thing. Add a part for FAQs and then a turtorial section. It will make it so that the same questions wont get asked 3 times a day. Good luck!

Edit: Also would be nice if you put a self protecter in it. Make sure that the edior can't open protected maps, that would just be mean to people who really don't want there work stolen.

Ben

Reaction score
INTEGRATE LOCALS INTO GUI!

If you do that this will be the only editor used by anyone!

Looking nice. :)

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
So how far in development are you with the tool so far Zoxc, also what is the erestimated time for it to be done?

Krofttt

Reaction score
hi, i would like to know how you are going to get the view of the map?

you know that big window that shows u the maps terrain and doodads and units an regions and cameras.

ok what i mean tis the map. wont that take some 3d direct x or something to make?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
about the help thing...it would be a waste of time. however you could give a couple of visible links to wc3c and this site. :D

@Ben and others that suggested locals in gui
you people need to understand that there are reasons for locals being jass only.
a local only works in a function you defined it in. however one trigger isn't always one function.
for example a condition always needs a new function. player/unit groups also need one. current gui also "likes" to create a separate function for if - conditions, but i guess zoxc can bypass this in his editor.
besides there is a simple custom script that can turn globals intro locals. you really shouldn't expect much more than a simple gui action that would replace that custom script.
@ragingspeedh
so far he only made a trigger editor that only reads .w3m. it will indeed take some time to finish (just think about how large the project is...).
@Krofttt
he will probably make a 2d replacement for that, like zepir did (actually i think he's taking some parts of the code from zepir's editor so...). this would be a good thing because it would greatly improve performance thus making the editor faster for terraining, unit preplacing etc.

oh and zoxc i hope you don't mind me answering your questions :eek:

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
@SFilip - I know what he made so far, I was more meaning it in a way of how many % he had made, like so-so 10% or something like that, not on the exact number or anything. Also, yeah I know it is a large project making a new editor, I am not a complete moron :p

Prometheus

Reaction score
SFilip said:
@Ben and others that suggested locals in gui
you people need to understand that there are reasons for locals being jass only.
a local only works in a function you defined it in. however one trigger isn't always one function.
for example a condition always needs a new function. player/unit groups also need one. current gui also "likes" to create a separate function for if - conditions, but i guess zoxc can bypass this in his editor.
besides there is a simple custom script that can turn globals intro locals. you really shouldn't expect much more than a simple gui action that would replace that custom script.
don't expect everyone to not know that.
If you use locals with GUI then your variable editor thing will get cluttered.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
if you know that and still suggested then seriously...no comment.
and your would not get cluttered if you use locals in gui.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Someone asked in this forum fast way to create new hero like just check the box and you got hero. Is it doable that in object editor there is field for something like Stats- Is unit hero: true/ false. With that value unit has experience gain and levels, will that is impossible to do or it just tooks too much time to code ( Looks like you have to make script what does all usual unit to hero actions in WE, just you code it all so people have to only click or make it so when that box is clicked you ask will they want to copy and paste that unit into custom units being hero. That would be cool seriously.) And speaking about custom functions ( I read the whole thread so saw there chat about it.), can it be done so new custom action comes what lets you change hero name to player name ? Or is that thing hard coded and not doable ? Or creat somekind of variable what could store player name and it could be entered into hero name section, hope you understand my point, if it isn' t possible sry for asking it. It is one thing what people would like much butit seems just out of range to do without realising new Warcraft first. Oh and my idea :D add please into options or when you create new map option: Is it RoC or TFT map ? So people could use freely actions and not worry about is that changeble in RoC or not, even color RoC and TFT actions (GUI) / Object editor things with different color what can be turned on in Somewhere Editor options. It could help.
Off-topic can in RoC maps be removed memory leaks with custom scripts or does it make it TFTmap then ? If so is it possible again to add action what can remove memory leaks in RoC maps too ?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> And speaking about custom functions ( I read the whole thread so saw there chat about it.), can it be done so new custom action comes what lets you change hero name to player name ? Or is that thing hard coded and not doable ?
not possible, perhaps it would be to change between one of the possible names but not input it while in game. the possible names of a hero are stored in the strings file so there is no way you can change them.

> Off-topic can in RoC maps be removed memory leaks with custom scripts or does it make it TFTmap then ? If so is it possible again to add action what can remove memory leaks in RoC maps too ?
most likely, but in roc you need to convert the whole trigger to jass in order to use the functions you need...which gives me an idea if you want to expand the roc part of the editor - make custom scripts for roc. it shouldn't be hard, yet it will make your life a lot easier if you dont have tft.

btw great ideas sooda :)

C

crazedcougar

Sooda's post reminds me... I would LOVE more trigger editor-object editor intercompatibility. As in, you can set a units attact dice to a variable. Or make hp regen rate call a funtion. Not only would this be neat, but it would change the meaning of triggering a spell completely! I'm sure we can think up many examples where this would be useful and fun =D

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
not possible...everything(!) in the object editor is stored within the map itself. you can neither change it or link it to a variable. the only possible solution was the one used in weu - adding abilities that increase your armor/damage/regen etc.

MrApples

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I'd imagine your program is going to be very buggy, but, oh well.

Are you going to attempt to fix all of Blizzard's badness in the editor, ie the bugs, the stupid things editor does, etc.

Prometheus

Reaction score
Have it so that you can use variables for the spacific unit event.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
kc102 said:
Have it so that you can use variables for the spacific unit event.

That wouldn't work, because if the variable changes, then it's not that same specific unit anymore. However, he could add an alternate way, if he somehow made a generic unit takes damage event.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.