a rather big comp problem

AKDevil

Reaction score
recently got a comp, had a friend make it, and for some reason i cat use white cable ports (DVI-D dual i think) , meaning i cant connect my monitor to my comp and have it work, i cant get ahold of the friend who made it, but another friend said that i could prbably fix it in the bios, is this true? if so how? currently have it hooked up to a different monitor thru the blue annalog cable. i am not home right now, so i cant list the hardware or anyhting, but willl later if needed. plz help:banghead:

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have the graphics card or integrated graphics got any other output, like VGA?

My first bet would be that the graphics card is not placed in the computer correctly, or it is missing a cable. I doubt it would be a bios problem.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you tried plugging your monitor into that?

AKDevil

Reaction score
Have you tried plugging your monitor into that?

my monitor does not have VGA port to connect to. however the port on the tower does work. everything apears to be plugged / connected, that was the first thing i checked.

cant find a "default display", but i found primary video controller. has GFX0-GPP-IGFX-PCI currently selected. other options are just different orders of that. have GTX275 card, ASUS M4A785-M motherboard.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
not sure but it might be it, try different variations? (and be ready to re-set your bios if needed)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.