A Warcraft Christmas

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
Since Christmas is coming, I thought it would only be necessary to make a small, fun little Christmas map! :D

Christmas in near in Azeroth (or as they call it, Winter's Veil) and Orc, Human, and Elf alike are preparing for the arrival of Santa Claus. But Kil'jaeden, the Grinch of Warcraft, in a desperate attempt to ruin Christmas, kidnaps Santa Claus! It is your job to save Santa before Midnight on Christmas Eve, only problem is, it's already 11:45!!!! run through the North Pole defeating Kil'jeaden's army and free Jolly Ol' Saint Nick before Christmas is completely ruined this year!

Map Size is 32x32
8-10 Players

Currently, I haven't thought of any nifty spells for Heroes, yet I do have some good Hero ideas:

1. Frosty the Snowman
Snowball Volley:
Tosses a mass amount of snowballs at enemies in an area that deal damage and have a chance to freeze and enemy in place for 2 seconds
Level 1: 75 damager per hit, 10% chance to freeze enemy
Level 2: 150 damage per hit, 15% chance to freeze enemy
Level 3: 225 damage per hit, 20% chance to freeze enemy
Snow Aura:
Frosty emits a cold breeze from his frozen body that reduces enemy attack and movement speed, and gives allies a small coating of frost, increasing their armor.
Level 1: 5% attack and movement speed decrease, +2.5 Armor
Level 2: 10% attack and movement speed decrease, +5 Armor
Level 3: 15% attack and movement speed decrease, +7.5 armor
2. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
3. The little Drummer Boy (on his 'camel' :rolleyes:)
4. Alvin the Chipmunk
5. Yukon Cornelius

Any other Christmas related characters you can think of, please mention. I would also ask that if you have any spell ideas, I will gladly appreciate them, just make them simple, and easy to trigger :p I want to get this map done quickly ^_^

Terrain Screenshots:

Terrain - 99.999999999999999999%
Units - 0%
Triggering - 0%

The_Kingpin

Member (Who are you and why should I care?)
Reaction score
What kind of map is it? Maze? Tag?

And who the hell is Yukon Cornelius?

Demonwrath

Reaction score
:rolleyes:

It is your job to save Santa before Midnight on Christmas Eve, only problem is, it's already 11:45!!!!

>What kind of map is it? Maze? Tag?

Don't know how to say it really, you get a hero and go to save Santa :p

I call it a Hero Adventure ^_^

>And who the hell is Yukon Cornelius?

The miner dude in Rudolph XD

EDIT: Added a few spells for Frosty

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
this is a fun map so why don't ignore the damage and play stun + knockback? Nice goin if the enemies are only preventing you from moving further.:D

Give the items I mentioned earlier in BoN
>Snow sack
effect : throw a snowball, knockback and frost effect. After, you can pick snow by clicking on the same item (need to make 2 items and replace them using trigger) and you'll be able to throw the snowball again after 1-2s picking snow.:D

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
BLAHAHAHA :D

Let's go save Santa! :p

Okay, cool idea there Demonwrath, but you're going to give up in Legacy of the Sapphire? Or keep the project later?

Demonwrath

Reaction score
I am holding LotS till later, besides, I am almost done map 1 of LotS anyway, just gotta basically do up all the cinematics.

Besides, I am a festive guy ^_^

EDIT: Oh, and I was gonna do a nice quick recolor for a skin to make it look like Santa, anyone have any ideas on what model to use?

Demonwrath

Reaction score
I think I will try the Paladin, and then alpha out his mighty hammer =P

Lets see how well this works out XD

Demonwrath

Reaction score
Okay well the map size has been changed to 32x64, 32x32 was WAY too small :p

I am almost done terraining everything, will post some screenies within the next few hours.

Does anyone have any more ideas for heroes?

Anything would be appreciated

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
mrs. claus

Gohan/ goku (making fun of the robot chicken dbz christmans don't really put this in)

Elf

Demonwrath

Reaction score
the Mrs. Claus is a good idea, I think I can edit a Jaina skin to be red and green :p

The Goku thing, ya I saw that episode lol, if I am desperate I will put him in XD

And what 'elf' are you talking about? Specifics would be nice, or should I jsut give him abilities like 'Toy Maker' (basically the tinker robot thing)

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
How's the santa model?
>Why Kil'Jaiden? Maybe make him as a greedy child who wants to get all present every year... lol (or it's just weird?)

Demonwrath

Reaction score
>How's the santa model?

It's more or less a Santa skin, and it is going...okay, I will put up my progress later this evening.

>Why Kil'Jaiden? Maybe make him as a greedy child who wants to get all present every year... lol (or it's just weird?)

Well it is Warcraft after all, I figured hey, the Burning Legion are evil, so they take away the joy of Christmas like a good bunch of Grinches! :eek:

EDIT: Well here is the screenie of my progress on our lovely Warcraft Santa

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Heres my idea for Rudolph

Rudolph is a support character, although having no offensive spells, he can stun and run incredibly fast. He can also enhance his "Danger Senses" at later levels.

Gallop:
Rudolph goes into a gallop, increasing his speed.

Level One: 30% speed increase
Level Two: 60% speed increase
Level Three: 90% speed increase
Cooldown: One Minute

Red Nose:
Rudolph's Red Nose glows brightly, increasing sight range of yourself and fellow allies.
Level One: extra 50 yards
Level Two: extra 150 yards
Level Three: extra 250 yards

Antler Whack:
Rudolph has a chance of stunning the enemy with his strong antlers.
Level One: 5% chance of stun
Level Two: 10% chance of stun
Level Three: 15% chance of stun

Ultimate: Sense Tingle
Rudolph enhances his Senses for a short period of time, detecting all enemies in a 600 yard radius.
Cooldown: One Minute

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.