Ability Modification

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
I'm using shockwave as my base for this ability.

Spell: Bugman's Tankard
Info: Josef Bugman throws his tankard at his enemies damaging them and refreshing his allies.

Level 1 - 100 dmg and 75 healing.
the normal rank ups

how would i go about healing the units that are in its line of dmg?

Naga'sShadow

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this will work but create a shockwave in the object editor with negative values that can only target allies. Then create a trigger that reads something like this.

Code:
Events:

A unit starts the effect of an ability.

Conditions:

Ability being cast is equal to <Bugman's Tankard>

Actions:

Create 1 <unit*> at <position of casting unit**> facing <facing angle of casting unit>.
Hide <last created unit>
Unit - Add ability <Bugman's heal***>
Unit - Set level of <Bugman's heal> for last created unit to (level of <Bugman's tankard> for casting unit).
Order last created unit to Tauren Chieftain, shockwave, target point of an ability being cast.
Unit - Add a 2 second expiration timer to last created unit.

*This unit can be anything, as long as you hide it immediately, but making a custom unit with no model is a good idea, be sure it has enough mana to cast your spell.

**The way I'm doing this isn't the most efficient, you should check out a tutorial on cleaning memory leaks.

***This would be the name of the negative damage shockwave.

I haven't tested this so I'm not sure if a negative damage shockwave will even work, if it doesn't try carrion swarm or breath of fire, but this is the general method to create a spell with multiple effects. Get a hidden unit to cast the extra part.

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
i made a custom heal but its only good for the point where i cast the ability. i want it to do the same distance as the shockwave and not in one point.

Grim159

Reaction score
You could have it cast an effect on targets and write a trigger to either damage or heal?

Perhaps unit effected by "Bugman's Tankard" is unit enemy, then damageX, else healX

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
Ok BoF will heal with a negative value but it will only heal one person.. is there a way to make it more?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.