According to you, what does this do?

Anderzzon

Reaction score
So I've created this spell:

Bloodrage

When the Berserker kills a unit his blade becomes empowerd which increases his attack damage for a few seconds. This effect can stack up to 6 times.

Based on Command aura, and at level one the bonus is 0.

Anyways, in order to make it work I needed triggers, obviously, and here they are:

Trigger:
  • Bloodrage
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Killing unit)) Equal to (==) Berserker
    • Actions
      • Set BloodRageTimer = 0
      • Set Berserker = (Killing unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Bloodrage (Berserker) for Berserker to ((Level of Bloodrage (Berserker) for Berserker) + 1)

And the decrease:

Trigger:
  • Bloodrage Decrease
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • BloodRageTimer Equal to (==) 10
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Bloodrage (Berserker) for Berserker to ((Level of Bloodrage (Berserker) for Berserker) - 1)
        • Else - Actions

Trigger:
  • Bloodrage Timer
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set BloodRageTimer = (BloodRageTimer + 1)

Now, in order to increase the gameplay depth of the unit I've created him as a strength hero, though one of his spells is a procc that deals damage based on his agility to give a Berserker sort of feel... Here is the trigger for that one:

Trigger:
  • Agile Rage
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to (==) Berserker
    • Actions
      • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random integer number between 1 and 20) Less than or equal to (<=) (1 x (Level of Agile Rage (Berserker) for Berserker))
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Burning Blood (Berserker) for Berserker) Greater than or equal to (>=) 1
            • Then - Actions
              • Set AgileRageTarget = (Attacked unit)
              • Unit - Cause Berserker to damage AgileRageTarget, dealing ((Real((Agility of Berserker (Include bonuses)))) x ((Real((Level of Agile Rage (Berserker) for Berserker))) x 2.00)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
              • Unit - Set level of Bloodrage (Berserker) for Berserker to ((Level of Bloodrage (Berserker) for Berserker) + (Integer((Real((Level of Burning Blood (Berserker) for Berserker))))))
              • Animation - Play Berserker's attack slam animation
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit - Cause Berserker to damage AgileRageTarget, dealing ((Real((Agility of Berserker (Include bonuses)))) x ((Real((Level of Agile Rage (Berserker) for Berserker))) x 2.00)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
              • Animation - Play Berserker's attack slam animation
        • Else - Actions

This procc is improved by his ulti so it adds 1/2 stacks of Blood Rage when it proccs, which you might be able to tell from the triggers. Though I have a problem, it seems like the stacks aren't increased by the procc and also there is a problem with the decreasing of the stacks. When it acctually does decrease it goes from <currrent level> to one instantly, it doesn't decrease by just one.

Anyone got any thoughts about this? Might there be a better way to get the same effect?

I know the variables aren't optimized at the moment, I am going to fix that, this is just in the testing phase of the abilities. I will change them once I know that the spell is as good as can be.

/Anderzzon

P.S. I know I made a post about this before but I wanted to create a more explainatory post about it in a new thread.

=========================

EDIT1: To explain the title of the thread: Does the triggers do what I think they do?
EDIT2: I found a problem! The increase of the procc is based on triggering unit, which means that the trigger tries to incease the stacks by the level of Burning Blood for the attacked unit... I think...
EDIT3: What edit 2 said... :p
EDIT4: All the "Triggering Unit" is changed to "Berserker" in the agile rage trigger. Which basicly means that the problem with the incease on the procc should be fixed, I think. Though the problem with the decrease remains.

canons200

Reaction score
first, after you kill the unit, you only set the level of ability to higher level, but you never order it to cast again, that why it doesn't cast.

second, ability level can ONLY go up, can't go down. but if you still want to go down, you can do like this >>> remove the ability(eg lv 5), add again the ability to the unit and set to lv 4

Nexor

Reaction score
lol ability levels can go down, it's the tech level you are talking about.

The problem is with your decrease trigger, when the counter reaches 10, it will decrease the skill every 0.01 seconds, add there an action, that sets the counter back to 0.

canons200

Reaction score
lol, ability can go down? hmm, weird, last time i tested, can't go down =.='

oh ya, the minutes you run the a "unit is attacked", i believe unit variable "berserker" has not been created. Because you only create it when "a unit dies".

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Bloodrage Decrease
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Bloodrage (Berserker) for Berserker to ((Level of Bloodrage (Berserker) for Berserker) - 1)
        • Else - Actions
Well, I didn't bother to read through it all, so I can't know if you fixed that... But it seems to me like this would make more sense:
Trigger:
  • Bloodrage Decrease
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Set BloodRageTimer = 0
        • Else - Actions

Anderzzon

Reaction score
first, after you kill the unit, you only set the level of ability to higher level, but you never order it to cast again, that why it doesn't cast.

I'm sorry.. what? I don't quite understand.

Well, I didn't bother to read through it all, so I can't know if you fixed that... But it seems to me like this would make more sense:
Trigger:
  • Bloodrage Decrease
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Set BloodRageTimer = 0
        • Else - Actions

That makes more sense indeed.

Also, you people wanna elaborate on the decreasing, can a hero ability be decreased?

/Anderzzon

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Also, you people wanna elaborate on the decreasing, can a hero ability be decreased?

/Anderzzon

Yes.

For the Agile Rage trigger, 1 X level of ability is useless. And unit is attacked is exploitable.

You can also compress it slightly

Trigger:
  • Agile Rage
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to (==) Berserker
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random integer number between 1 and 20) Less than or equal to (&lt;=) (1 x (Level of Agile Rage (Berserker) for Berserker))
        • Then - Actions
          • Animation - Play Berserker&#039;s attack slam animation
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Burning Blood (Berserker) for Berserker) Greater than or equal to (&gt;=) 1
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set level of Bloodrage (Berserker) for Berserker to ((Level of Bloodrage (Berserker) for Berserker) + (Integer((Real((Level of Burning Blood (Berserker) for Berserker))))))
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions

Anderzzon

Reaction score
It's uselss as is right now, yes. Thing is I am not quite done with the figures of it all. Going to change it all abit more during the balancing. And you are right, it can be compressed like that, thanks.

/Anderzzon

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.