Adding Visual Damage Effects (was: How to?)

Devalut

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
How am i able to add a damage effect to a unit when it reaches a certain hp, an example being the gyro copter which after heavy damage it starts showing flames.

AfflictionX

Reaction score
I'm no expert but this is the best I can remember.

Event: (Unit) is attacked.

Condition: Life of (Attacked Unit) is less than or equal to (#)

Action: Create (Desired art effect) special effect at (Attacked Unit).

There's probably details I forgot, but I hope this helps.
:D

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
For the first, you will have to attach the effect to the unit (Using an attachment point, like "chest")... Otherwise it'll just stay at one place, and won't move with the unit...

But there's also one other problem, being that all of these effects is going to leak, once the unit dies. And they won't be destroyed when the unit dies...

So, you need to store all of these effects, preferably using a hashtable and using the handle-id of the unit as the child key, and then destroying that effect manually when it dies :D

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Theres some injury effect system in wc3c.net You might wanna check it out.

Also that gyrocopter burning effect is quite interesting. It only works for some models ( mechanical units ), and only if unit has mechanical classification.

I think I gotta check if theres any data in model file itself about those fire effects. Would be nice to know how they exactly work and if they can be edited from somewhere.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Theres some injury effect system in wc3c.net You might wanna check it out.

Also that gyrocopter burning effect is quite interesting. It only works for some models ( mechanical units ), and only if unit has mechanical classification.

I think I gotta check if theres any data in model file itself about those fire effects. Would be nice to know how they exactly work and if they can be edited from somewhere.

I believe they used the Night Elf - Burning Buildings models. These are found under abilities or buffs not too sure which.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.