Advanced Spells

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
i have no idea on how to do this but seeing if anyone did. To make spells come up on the right hand of the screen like heroes do and just clicking them like normal spells, but you could rotate them with other spells. it would be a lot of dummy units used. but i have no idea how to make it that you only click it without transfering to the new unit and just have it so you cast a spell. also have the effect come from ur hero. anyone understand my little rant?

H

HamsterBoo

do you want to have all of the spells replaced, or just choosing which spells you want to have ready?

dont use dummies, that would not be what you want

If its the former, just store all of the spells and when a certain thing happens, replace the spells with stored spells. It would work much like a non GUI inventory would work (the triggering)

If its the later, it would be a lot harder as the game would not be able to tell whether you want to cast the spell or switch the spell out for something else.

My advice, use my first method. If you want it to be more like diablo (but with five spells equipped at once), make a GUI where when you click something, it brings up your spell menu (looking a lot like a gui inventory) and you can equip spells with that. This way would be very hard though.....
p.s. you would still have to store the spells and add/remove abilities.

EDIT: my real advice, use spellbooks

M

Made In WE

Im pretty sure someone made this already (and the Diablo 2 Trade/Item Screen for Wc3 -fyi). I think it was on Wc3Campaigns; ill try and find the link and post it but look incase you find it before me :)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.