AOE damage to units in altitude range.

Xbing

Reaction score
i have made a spell that would deal AOE damage to a highly armoured and 999999999hp dummy. the objective is to damage the units around the dummy unit. what i would want is that it would damage ONLY the units in a range of altitude. +-50 in this case. however, i do not know how to do this as it requires to block the damage if it is not in the range of altitudes, and that requires a specific unit event, and i NEED a generic unit event, so any ideas?

OneBadPsycho

Reaction score
What exactly do you mean?

Do you want to damage units within range of the target, but not it? -or in height?

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Why not just pick all flyinh units in a aoe? or do cliffs also have to be considered?

Executor

I see you
Reaction score
Well, pick all units around and then calculate the distance via d = (a^2 + b^2 + c^2) (if you want it precise). Or pick all units, subtract the flyheights and check whether the absolute value is less then 50.

If cliffes are considered you have to use flyheight+floorheigt for each unit instead of only the flyheight.

tmow

Reaction score
Yea set it to a variable...a loop that says...pick all untis within range of lets say 300 of this unit matching condition

or to make it easier...this is how i did it...make a dummy spawn at the point you cast and order it to warstomp...and change the animation if any at all...

Xbing

Reaction score
thanks guys!!! didnt think of player groups... the great thing is i already have variables for the actual height...:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.