Arena Arctic Custom Hero Arena [ACHA]

E

EmeraldDark

-=This is a WORK IN PROGRESS=-

So basically, I'm a new mapper, and I've decided to make a custom hero arena, much like the ever popular custom hero arena. However, I do not have everything planned out, and therefore I don't know what I'm going to do to this map to make it special...Yet.

So far, I have created a trigger to create wisps if the player is present, and I made a trigger to add an ability to a hero if you pick it. However, it automatically adds points to that ability. Is there anyway to make it so its in the ability menu, and not automatically added?

Hero Selection! ^_^

wc3scrnshot062308220734um0.jpg

Yeah. Any suggestions, post here.

IceWarrior98

Reaction score
I suggest you play some of the more popular ones, find what makes them so great and what makes them suck. Take the good things, try to incorporate them into your map, and if you can improve them. Of course find original things to add aswell as no one likes it when someone makes a map that basically has everything from all other maps of the same type mashed into it in attempt to make a better one.

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
I've tried, and failed. The hero ability automatically receives 1 point when added using triggers, so the answer is there's no way.

Why not do the old fashioned way of making heroes, to add their abilities in the Object Editor manually?

Suggestions:
  • Better Terrain
  • Things not found in other hero arena maps such as duels, mini-games and recipe items and more, the possibilities are endless.
  • Better Spells - Lots of spells here in TheHelper.net.

You can also read the following tutorials I've found (suggested) and apply them to your map:

These are just suggestions but you can try out more stuff!

Thx and good luck in your map!

E

EmeraldDark

I've tried, and failed. The hero ability automatically receives 1 point when added using triggers, so the answer is there's no way.

Why not do the old fashioned way of making heroes, to add their abilities in the Object Editor manually?

Well, that kind of ruins the point of custom hero arena. Is there some other trigger I can use to add an ability to a hero but put it in the ability menu and not automatically learn the ability?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.