Arena Arena of Scars

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Arena of Scars

Map Progress: |||||||||||||||||||

Arena of Scars is, well, basically, you select a hero, and start training him for battle, you can do that, by either killing Neutral Hostiles, or Enemy Heroes. Killing enemy heroes give a lot more gold than killing Creeps, but they are far harder to kill, as a human hero has abilities, and they have skills which may aid them. You may buy items from the shops, the mountains, the forest, the swamp, and basic consumables, and recipes at your base. To win, the objective is to earn 100 kills... I can't think of anything yet. Any help? It would be appreciated.

Completed:
- Terrain 100%
- Heroes 15%
- Shops 40%
- Creeps 25%
- Starting Triggers 50%

Incomplete:

- Items
- Advanced Triggers
- Leaderboard
- Gold System
- Hero Kill System
- Ability Sounds

Wait, I am still fixing the photos for the list of heroes below :)

Heroes
Necros - Fomorii
img][/img]
Vol'jin - Voodoo Shaman
Zul'jabar - Troll Warrior
Knight Thoras - Holy Knight
Gorr Bloodhoof - Tauren Chieftain
Alleria - Windrunner

Screenshots
picture1iy4.png

Picture2-2.png

Picture3-2.png

Picture1-15.png

Picture3-5.png

Picture2-10.png

Credits have been given to various people in TheHelper, it can be found at the end of the game, the ending comments.

Any help on this map, would be appreciated, as I have not yet mastered the arts of Gui, but I will soon, and turn to Jass.

Email me at [email protected], feel free to IM me at MSN, or you can add my Warcraft Username, Frozen_Shadow@Lordaeron.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
I had to play with myself just to give you guys screenshots, lol.

Will post a screenshot of the whole map as soon as possible.

Comments?

I know this game is pretty basic, that's why I need your constructive criticism to improve it :)

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
The terrains needs fixing, looks really ugly I think.

This seems to be

Code:
Just another Hero arena map

You should add in some special features that will make people like it I think it needs some brainstorming :)

Killing Neutral hostile and heroes seems so originial.

The mountain doesn't look like a mountain.
The swamp doesn't look like one too.
Forest? What?.

Code:
To win, you need 100 kills

Don't tell me you can't even do a configuration trigger.

Code:
Advanced Triggers
- Leaderboard
- Gold System
- Hero Kill System
- Ability Sounds

Elaborate Thanks..

I give this 3.5/10 for no creativity, no offense. but this is nice to start off as a first map for a start :) Work on and slowly go more advanced.

I have seen alot polished hero arenas like 6 or 7 already.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
I agree with wraithseeker, the terrain definitely needs some work, and do something to make your game original. And I don't just mean original spells, I mean original gameplay. Sure it's fine to have some traditional hack and slash with some duels in there, but add more to it. Don't make it just another hero arena, make it your game. Make it something people want to play. Make it addicting, make it fun.

Now that is much easier said than done, which is why I will probably be following this map, offering tips, giving suggestions, hopefully testing it out every now and then.

Also, a list of the current heroes + their spells (Not all of them, can't give everything away. ;)) would be helpful for suggesting new ones. I have a few ideas, but I'd rather not elaborate on them until I know they won't be in the game.

I hope to see this grow to be an extraordinary map, and I will follow it closely.
Good luck,
Cheesy

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Code:
Advanced Triggers
- Leaderboard
- Gold System
- Hero Kill System
- Ability Sounds

uh, dude, those below the Advanced Triggers aren't really "Advanced Triggers" The "Advanced Triggers" is just another set of triggers which I am working on on complicating game modes to spice it up.

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Well I don't have spare time to help others w/ their maps, Wish I could terrain this map, but I don't have extra time, so I'll give out my own opinions on this map..

Terrain needs an improvement.. it looks a bit dull..

If you can spice up the terrain and turn it into a lush forest like the ones in Ashenvale or give it a 'jungly' feel with Sunken Ruins jungles, and give the cliffs more variation (not too much straight lines in the map), I'll give it a thumbs up..:thup:

Exercise: Make it look more of a forest environment (Like of DotA's) yet still retaining the pathability of the map (heroes can move in and around freely). More appropriate doodads.. my suggestion only, but if you can apply it, then I'll have fun w/ this map..

take time in developing your map.. work it out a little.. good luck with your map!:D

-- Umaku iku yō ni -|- jonadrian619 --​

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.