Attach a model to a unit through a behaviour

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
Hey all, I've been following this tutorial: http://www.galaxywiki.net/Attaching_a_Model_to_a_Unit (using the data not the trigger method) and i have changed heaps of things around now to try and get it to work, but i cannot seem to get it! (Note i am new to the editor and even newer to attachments)

The difference between what i want to achieve and this tutorial is that i want the attachment to be present when i give any unit a specific behaviour (this is for a reason). I used the attachment point as left weapon. If anyone can give me a detailed run down of what i need to do i will be extremely grateful. Normally i would give an example of what i have already done, however i am so confused i wouldn't know where to start!

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
if I understand you correct you have to do the following:

- create a new actor and call it 'you name'
- set the type to 'model' BasedOn 'model-addition'
- create a new actor-event
- set the MSG type to 'behavior'
- set the subname to 'on'
- select the ActionImpact and set this to 'create'

create another actor-event and do exactly the same exept this:

- set the subname to 'off'
- set the ActionImpact to 'destroy'

if you want the model always be created on the unit, you should set the MSG type to 'unit birth'

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
ahh, fantastic :D It is working now, thank you!

Follow up Question:
Is there a way i can move an attachment point on a unit? I am trying to attach the marine shield to the preserver b unit but his hand pokes out of the shield a bit :( If not how can i reposition the shield? Thanks

I see, is there a attach - right hand option instead of right weapon?

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
yes there is a field in the actor-action called 'attachment' but I'm not quitte sure if it's possible to place the shield to some point since it is a model type which has a standard position value

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.